Low-cost, Small to Medium range coastal Surveillance designed for unmanned round the clock operation.
- Blue border monitoring
- Site surveillance: ports, oil & gas platforms, high-value sites, ...
- Anti-intrusion detection (illegal fishing boats, smugglers, illicit immigrants, dealers, terrorists,...)
- Upgrade of VTS radars towards security missions
- Territorial waters surveillance
This is what we see!
Validated data during on-site trials with a radar antenna elevation of 85 m and a Sea State 3.
(RCS : Radar Cross Section - ASL: Above Sea Level)
Designed from safety to security missions
Today’s new local and geopolitical environment (theft, smuggling, illegal immigration, terrorism) is bringing new and increased responsibilities, in terms of security, to smaller authorities.
Coast Watcher 10 will fulfil these missions, because he was designed for it.
- The Coast Watcher 10 detection algorithm is implemented on a Furuno antenna permitting high performances and availability. It is associated with a COTS (PC) hardware-based processing allowing the best performance/cost ratio.
- The Kinematic Scan To Scan© signal processing technology of the algorithm, performs a precise filtering of all environmental clutters (including extreme weather conditions), allowing precise small target detection, discrimination and a low false alarm rate. It allows a very small target detection even in a harsh environment (rain, sea-state 5).It simply provides detection, where competitors are blind.
Universal interfacing with existing systems
The Coast Watcher family is made of an open-architecture based on COTS elements, leading to a low-cost radar production and a universal interfacing with all existing systems in operation today. Moreover, this universal interfacing will allow you to perform an easy integration of your radar in a future larger system you might think of.
Coast Watcher 10 was conceived with a Furuno antenna, and therefore takes advantage of the distribution network present in all ports of importance worldwide. The “Repair it yourself” technology is partly founded on this network and on the extreme easiness to change any spare.
Moreovers a worldwide civil and defence radar leader, Thales provides to all his customers around the world a highly efficient and tailored support service, through his global network, allowing best capability and mission availability to our customers.
You will enjoy the Customer support of two global companies for only one equipment.
For any information on the Coast Watcher radars, please contact: