Reliable exchange of tactical data are of primary importance to coordinate the actions of ships, airborne platforms and land-based units to achieve mission goals. Link Y Mk2 offers the possibility to exchange tactical data between multiple military platforms: reliable, secure and simple.
The Link Y Mk2 tactical data link network acts as a “force multiplier”: available tactical data is shared over self-managing and adaptive radio networks for the following purposes:
- Tactical Picture Compilation
- Tactical Orders
- Status Reporting
- Over-The-Horizon Targeting support
Link Y Mk2 data link offers functionality which is comparable to NATO Link 11, but with enhanced capabilities, and using (software-embedded) national encryption.
- Dynamic Time Division Multiple Access (TDMA) protocol
- Use of two radio frequencies (HF, VHF and/or UHF) in a single network
- Easy integration into any Combat Management System or Air Management System
- Simple network and mission preparation
- Automatically managed network and time slot allocation
- No difficult ‘multiple’ networks
- Easy entry and exit of any participating unit (sea, air and land)
- Up to 31 active participants and unlimited passive participants
- Comprehensive track management capabilities; e.g. correlation and reporting responsibility