StrikeMaster – building the next-generation land-based maritime strike capability
In this episode of the Defence Connect Podcast recorded at the Land Forces 2022 Conference, Ben Kelly, director, protected vehicles at Thales Australia, and John Fry, general manager at Kongsberg, discuss their joint efforts to develop next-generation, land-based maritime strike capability for the Australian Defence Force.
- Leveraging the tried-and-tested Bushmaster Protected Mobility Vehicle to develop a new mobile strike platform, the StrikeMaster.
- The evolution of the program, from concept to proposal for LAND 4100 Phase 2.
- Thales Australia and Kongsberg’s sovereign collaboration and their respective contributions to the project.
- Features and capabilities of the StrikeMaster, including the range of missile systems.
- The strategic importance of the capability and its deployment potential.