To prepare the future, relations with Universities and Research Centers are key. To that end, Thales has developed several academic partnerships in China.
Aerospace in ChinaThales provides its avionics solutions to Air China, China Southern, China Eastern, HNA Aviation and regional airliners. If you fly in China, Thales is involved.
Ground Transportation in ChinaChina is strategic for the Thales development in transportation bringing technological expertise; Thales can already boast a number of significant achievements in the country for ground transportation
Security in ChinaThales is positioning itself in China to address the needs of large metropolises for both public safety and crisis management
Local cooperationThales’ strategy is to boost its local presence partnering with local players. In China, Thales is developing also through local Joint Ventures
- 1996: Creation of STET, the most famous radiography devices manufacturer and distributor in China, mainly manufacturing 6 and 9 inch X-ray Image Intensifiers and Radiological Imaging Units.
- 2007: Creation of BEST, Joint Venture to provide innovative and reliable air traffic control systems and services to meet Chinese ATM customers’ needs.
- 2011: Creation of Thales SAIC Transportation (TST), Joint Venture in Shanghai to provide advanced SelTrac CBTC signalling solutions for metro projects. TST today has local R&D and brings local innovations to the market.
- 2013: Creation of Thales CETC Avionics (TCA), Joint Venture in Chengdu to produce the IFE (In-Flight Entertainment system, software and equipment for single aisle aircraft and for the COMAC C919 aircraft. TCA brings a Chinese solution for the local customers.Committed to the long term development in China, Thales hopes that our local partnerships could not only expand the business in China, but also promote its mutual growth in the global market.
InnovationThales develops Innovation Hubs around the world. These Hubs serve as structures for collaborative innovation and combine new design methods, simulation tools and visualisations in order to co-create a truly differentiated offer with ‘customer-users’, ultimately designing better products.
- In June 2014, Thales inaugurated an Innovation Hub in Hong Kong. A true incubator of ideas for academic, government and industry representatives, the Hong Kong Innovation Hub will focus on the concept of Smart Cities, working specifically in the transport and security domains.
- In 2016, Thales is developing a new Innovation Hub in its Beijing office focusing on aerospace and signaling systems for railways.
To prepare the future, relation with Universities and research centres is key. Thales has developed several academic partnerships in China:
- Civil Aviation University of China (CAUC)
- Beijing Jiao-Tong University (BJTU)
- Beijing University of Aeronautics and Astronautics (BUAA)
- Tongji University
- Hong Kong University of Science and Technology (HKUST)
- University of Hong Kong (HKU)
- Chinese University of Hong Kong (CU)
- Hong Kong Polytechnic University (PolyU)
Local talentsPeople are the most important asset for Thales. To succeed in global marketplace, and in order to continuously innovate, Thales considers diversity has a key driver for a global growth.
Now Thales in China employs around 1300 people with 18 different nationalities and out of which 28% are female employees as the group is promoting diversity and inclusion.
Thales has actively engaged with universities across the country especially in cities where it operates (Beijing, Tianjin, Shanghai, Chengdu and HongKong) through internship program, scholarship, research program, seminars, or teaching exchanges etc. In 2016 for the first time Thales introduced “Project Arduino” to China with 6 universities participated (Project Arduino is Thales global on-campus competition).
30 matching job(s)
Regular Employment - ChineThalesThales is a world leader in Mission-critical information systems for the Aerospace, Defense and Security markets, with operations in 50 countries and 68,000 employees.Building on proven capabilities in large and complex software systems, Thales steps up to the security challenges of its customers in an increasingly interconnected, technology-driven world.Civil and military systems benefit from many of the same technologies and innovations. Developing these dual technologies has been a long tradition for Thales, with its global network of 22,000 high-level researchers.Thales Transport & Security (Hong Kong) LimitedWith its Transportation Division in Hong Kong, Thales provides mission-critical information systems to mainline rail, urban transport and road operators, for more than 100 transport customers worldwide, employing over 6 000 people.Job Title: Installation Manager
- The site surveys, installation and post installation testing of the signalling equipment in rooms and trackside including interconnecting cable
- Interface with the Civil Contractor to ensure the civil and BS provisions supplied are as per design and requirements
- The inspections of rooms and cable containment prior to acceptance. Provide written inspection reports.
- Supervise the Installation Sub Contractor and provide technical and logistical support during the installation works
- Generate Installation Method statements Site Survey reports for the works
- Working closely with the design team to ensure the delivery of all necessary materials, cables and equipment and drawings required to carry out the works are available as required
- Ensuring safe working practices are adhered to at all times and the quality of the installation is to the highest standards
- Strong experience (10 y+) in Installation works preferably on Signalling System
- Degree holder with Engineering/Computer Science Background,
- Must have strong organization, time management, communication and people skills, be able to multi-task and work under pressure,
- Process minded
- Strong leadership skills to drive and lead a team of engineers
- Proficiency skills in sub-contractor management
- Good negotiation skill & assertive,
- Good command of both written and spoken English,
- Knowledge of Cantonese is an advantage
Close the description
Regular Employment - ChineThalesThales is a world leader in Mission-critical information systems for the Aerospace, Defense and Security markets, with operations in 50 countries and 68,000 employees.Building on proven capabilities in large and complex software systems, Thales steps up to the security challenges of its customers in an increasingly interconnected, technology-driven world.Civil and military systems benefit from many of the same technologies and innovations. Developing these dual technologies has been a long tradition for Thales, with its global network of 22,000 high-level researchers.Thales Transport & Security (Hong Kong) LimitedWith its Transportation Division in Hong Kong, Thales provides mission-critical information systems to mainline rail, urban transport and road operators, for more than 100 transport customers worldwide, employing over 6 000 people.Job Title: ICS System EngineerContext:This position is to work on our Integrated Supervision and Communication Systems (ISCS or SCADA) projects. The ISCS are an essential element in the organization of any transport network: metro, bus, tram, etc.Thales offers transport operators a unique integrated approach for monitoring and controlling correct operation of applications as diverse as traffic and power supply management, including passenger information and safety.The complexity of the ISCS resides in the number of interfacing systems.Missions and responsibilities:
- Perform requirement management including analysis, clarifications, formalization of customer / contract requirements;
- Formalization of mission / function description, architectural design;
- In-charge of interface coordination and management activities including I/O management, interface design, interface meetings, etc., in order to ensure the completeness and correctness of input from interfacing systems;
- Coordinate and bridging within internal teams in regards of requirement clarifications, schedule, and technical matters, etc.;
- Degree in Electronic / Computer Science/ IT or related descipline;
- 3-5 years of relevant experiences in IT / real-time/ SCADA system;
- Self-driven with good interpersonal skills, analytical & problem solving skills;
- Solid experiences in interface coordination & management; experiences in networking and T&C is an advantage;
- Knowledge in DOORS, networking and computer science is an advantage;
- Good command of both Chinese & English; mandarin is an advantage;
Close the description
Regular Employment - ChineThalesThales is a world leader in Mission-critical information systems for the Aerospace, Defense and Security markets, with operations in 50 countries and 68,000 employees.Building on proven capabilities in large and complex software systems, Thales steps up to the security challenges of its customers in an increasingly interconnected, technology-driven world.Civil and military systems benefit from many of the same technologies and innovations. Developing these dual technologies has been a long tradition for Thales, with its global network of 22,000 high-level researchers.Thales Transport & Security (Hong Kong) LimitedWith its Transportation Division in Hong Kong, Thales provides mission-critical information systems to mainline rail, urban transport and road operators, for more than 100 transport customers worldwide, employing over 6 000 people.
Maintenance Team Supervisor
This position is to lead the on-site team for TTSHK service delivery activities for Integrated Communications and Supervision System (ICS)/ Revenue Collection Systems (RCS)/ Urban Rail Signalling (URS). It includes, and not limited to:
Service roll-out, Service delivery, Incident management, Problem resolution, daily maintenance activities, Service run activities.
- People and Team management, to ensure team harmony and efficiency
- Implement Service Definition Document (what service activities, work flow, technical procedures, work instructions, etc.) and Service Management Plan
- Organize the work and safety for the On-site team and resources, including but not limited to, manpower, tools,means and spares to deliver the Service activities
- Manage technical capabilities of his/her team-mates to perform daily works
- Maintain service activities work flow, technical procedures, work instructions
- Assure the interface with the Customer (internal & external) on the technical services matters, Report work progress to related parties according to agreed communication plan
- Deliver corrective actions in case of deviation of pre-defined performance indicators. Provide suggestions/proposals for activities optimization. Support roll-out of improvement initiatives.
- Support knowledge sharing and training activities, together with Training Manager
- Report abnormalities and changes of configuration of the delivered services and systems. Update the Service File accordingly
- Take care about staffers working attitudes and behaviors. Report to Maintenance Manager if any abnormalities and inappropriate behaviors were found.
- High Diploma in Engineering or above
- Proven On-site service support knowledge and experience
- Management experience of small to medium team of site technicians/ Officers and engineers
- Good interpersonal skill and service attitude
- Experience in tackling troubled situations in daily basis
- Good command of spoken and written English and Chinese
- Occasional shift-duties. Site work required
Close the description
Regular Employment - ChineThalesThales Transport & Security (Hong Kong) Limited
Job Title: Senior Software Engineer, Advanced Solutions Group, Thales e-Security
Description: The job holder is responsible for the following activities.
The Senior Software Engineer is a customer-facing role responsible for the development of project requirements documents, solution specifications, solution validation/implementation deliverables, and production code for our clients.
The Senior Engineer is responsible for developing and documenting repeatable custom software project content. This role is a critical component of the Advanced Solutions Group. ASG technical staff use their advanced cryptographic technical skills to create scalable, repeatable business and delivery models with an emphasis on the development of Thales intellectual property in the form of reusable code, processes, and documents.
This role directly relates to most other operational groups
Executive management – strategy, project and business case approval
Sales Team – Project requirements gathering and feasibility assessment
APAC ASG Team – Directly responsible to; participating in group activities in collaboration with the other ASG design, development, and project management staff across APAC
EMEA and US ASG Teams – Collaboration on specific projects
Support Team – Technical support handover after project delivery for on-going post sales-support
Key Areas of Responsibility
Development of customer project requirements documents, solution specifications, solution validation and implementation procedures, and final customer deliverables
Work with the Product Sales Team to increase our product pull-through from ASG services
Define and document Customer Requirements by working with Customers and internal Subject Matter Experts
Participate in the discussion of the definition and development of project materials utilizing standard Thales documentation based on the ASG methodology, ensuring the preparation and management of high-quality deliverables
Develop and deliver repeatable and reusable project materials in the form of project methodology descriptions, client deliverables, customized source code, and standardized delivery formats
Prepare and manage project documentation
Support the installation of Thales products and training of customers, to ensure that our products are utilized to their maximum capability
Deliver profitable projects
Contribute to the delivery of the business’ financial objectives and take responsibility for defining, tracking and reporting against appropriate key performance indicators
Methodologies, Documentation & Practice
Participate in the determination and development of methodologies, documents, deliverables and process for the ASG PKI practice, among other practice focuses. This will include assisting team architects in specifying and documenting proposed custom cryptographic solutions based on Thales products
- Proven track record of working closely with relevant stakeholder (Engineering, Sales, Marketing, Operations, etc.)
- Culturally aware, comfortable in a wide range of international situations and a matrix environment with local and global reporting lines and Teams
Market & Customer Understanding
- Specific expertise in the practice area while supervised by a Solution Architect/EA
- Extensive experience of information security technology and processes; specifically cryptography coupled with In depth knowledge of cryptographic concepts, public key exchange, and digital signatures
Technical Understanding and Practice
- In-depth understanding of and practical experience with coding and architectural concepts in a modern programming language, e.g. Java, C, or C++
- Solid experience in programming to and modifying purpose-built API’s
- Hands-on expertise with software testing methodologies and tools
- Current knowledge of common scripting languages such as Python, TCL/TK, Perl, & Shell
- Familiarity with cryptographic concepts, public key exchange, and digital signatures
- Considerable background in and understanding of core cryptographic concepts; specifically, the ability to use, explain, and teach to standard crypto interfaces (e.g. JCE, PKCS#11, CAPI/CNG CHIL)
- Excellent knowledge of web and application servers (Apache, ISS, Nginx, JBoss); Certificate Authorities (MS, CA, RSACM)
- Current working experience with Linux, Solaris, other Unix variants (e.g. AIX, HP/UX, OSX), and MS Windows operating systems
- Solid networking background in data communications & TCP/IP networks
- A working knowledge of standardized project management techniques
Communications and Positioning
- Comfortable working as an individual customer-facing contributor
- Strong written and communication skills with the ability to converse effectively on complex topics and strategic concepts with a diverse group of individuals
- Proactive communicator with a focus on teaching, and possessing the ability organize specific practice areas
Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Sciences, Computer Engineering, or relevant academic background
Promote Change for the Better
Communicate to Engage
Execute Performance Through Teamwork
Close the description
Fixed Term / Temporary - ChineThalesThales Transport & Security (Hong Kong) LimitedJob Title: Draftsman
Responsibilities:Prepare and perform software activities on ICS projects:
- Report openly to the Software Work Package Manager
- Feedback and support Software Work Package Manager in decision
- Provide Software Work Package Manager with relative task estimate and variance if any
- Focus on the task in high priority set by Software Work Package Manager
- Follow the software working standards defined within eSDP, generic Software Development Plan, or the tailored Software Project SDP if any
- At least 1 year working experience in CAD such as AutoCAD, MicroStation
- Experience in Photoshop is preferred
- Knowledge in Windows, UNIX/Linux
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, proactivity, commitment to deliver;
- Fluent in English and capacity to write technical documentation in English
Close the description
Regular Employment - ChineThalesThales Transport & Security (Hong Kong) LimitedJob Title: Customer Support Specialist - Thales e-Security
- As a L1 / L2 Support Engineer in Customer Support Department
- Provide Post-Sales support of all TeS products mainly in HSM (Hardware Security Module) through Helpdesk system.
- Provide APAC Customer Support team with Level 1 / 2 support to ensure that any Support queries coming from internal are dealt within timely manner, recorded in our database and within SLA. Provide weekly task report to APAC Support Manager.
- Maintain and build the Support testing environment with APAC Support Team.
- Provide telephone and on-site Hardware support to users and resellers
- Achieve customer satisfaction after sales service to users and resellers
- Carry out testing failure analysis and corrective actions
- Maintain customer service documentation system
- Maintain up-to-date product knowledge and services offering and make efficient use of the resellers/user through which the information are made available
- A degree or above in a computer-related field (Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Systems Analysis, etc.) or a similar discipline.
- The CISSP or MCSE qualifications would be useful for this role. The candidate should have gained these certifications, or be keen to do so.
- Highly motivated with ‘can do’ attitude, positive minded, energetic & proactive
- Act with honesty & integrity
- Be well organised and able to remain calm and focused under pressure
- Rational thinker
- Be flexible to working unsocial hours at times to manage escalations during weekends
- Persuasive style of working, but be able to assert when required
- Deals effectively with failure; demonstrates ability to learn from mistakes
- Excellent verbal, written & listening skills
- Manage technical escalations, keeping customer informed and the Support desk
- Commercially aware, customer focused
Close the description
Regular Employment - ChineThalesThales Transport & Security (Hong Kong) LimitedJob Title: Bid Manager
- Manage bids and tenders for the company in the transportation / security domain
- Work closely with sales team to secure order intake
- Lead multi-disciplinary team to delivery high quality tender proposal
- Coordinate with other legal entities within the group on multi-entity businesses
- Maintain good communication with France HQ, Business Line and Country for the required support
- Manage client negotiation, presentation, etc.
- Degree in Electronics Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent
- 8-10 years or above relevant working experience
- Familiar with railway working environment is an advantage
- Sound Knowledge in Automatic Fare Collection System is an advantage,
- Good analytical skill and presentation skill
- Able to work independently and with tight schedule
Close the description