Thales provides different kinds of satellites and space components for various satellite and space exploration programs.
Thales Alenia Space is a joint venture between Thales (67%) and Leonardo (33%). Thales Alenia Space has 8000 employees in 9 countries.
Thales different space solutions are :
- Space to connect - Bringing the digital divide and connecting people anywhere, anytime.
- Space to explore - Venus, Mars, Mercury, Saturn, the Moon, asteroids and comets… Thales Alenia Space is a major partner in Europe’s fantastic missions across the Solar System.
- Space to secure and defend - Numerous countries trust us to provide them with elements from our brand offer of defense telecommunications, Very High Resolution optical or radar instruments, ground control systems and testing & integration centers.
- Space to observe & protect - By providing experts with information about the weather, the climate and the state of the state of our planet, they can get ready for storms, understand the impact of climate change, devise plans to optimize the use of natural resources an protect at-risk populations – all while enabling sustainable development.
- Space to travel & navigate - With major programs such as EGNOS and Galileo, Thales Alenia Space is at the forefront of satellite navigation systems in Europe.
Thales Alenia Space offices and activities :
ROME: Remote sensing, Telecommunications and satellite navigation, Satellite Integration Center & Antenna ,Equipment Development
TURIN: Orbital infrastructures, Space Transport, Sciences and Space exploration
L’AQUILA: Electronics equipment, Hybrids, Antennas and structures in composite materials for remote sensing, Telecommunications, Radar and military applications
MILAN: Onboard Computers, Navigation Equipment, Mass Memories, Testing Systems
CANNES: Telecommunications platforms, VHR optical instruments, Assembly Integration and Tests activities for satellites
TOULOUSE: Telecommunications payloads, Altimetry, Ground segments, Navigation
Zurich: instruments for scientific satellites , Optical communications terminals, opto-electronics and laser communications
WARSAW: R&D, Industrial & academics local partnerships
STUTTGART: Navigation, Software-defined radio, Ground segment activities
CHARLEROI: Development and Production of electronics and software products for the European satellite and launch vehicle markets
LEUVEN: Development of avionics and micro-electronics equipment for satellites and launch vehicles
HASSELT: Automated production of solar panels (PVA), Industry 4.0, Smart data
MADRID: Telecommunications payloads and subsystems , Optical instruments, Digital electronics & radiofrequency equipment, Software & ground segment systems, Launcher transmitters
BRISTOL: Design and development of earth observation and science satellite equipment and systems, R&D in space flight electronics and remote sensing instruments
HARWELL: Design and development of propulsion systems & mechanisms
BELFAST: Thales plant, Propulsion integration facility (opened in 2016)
SEATTLE: Leostella LLC – JV between Thales Alenia Space & Spaceflight Industries, Development of BlackSky high-revisit Earth Observation constellation, including 60 optical satellites
To read more (link)