Over the last 50 years, Thales Group has offered solutions and established a presence in Thailand with a mission to accompany the country towards its technological and economical development. This has focused on state of the art technologies in sectors including Defence, Digital Identity & Security, Aerospace, Space and Transportation.
Thales employs close to 700 people in Thailand through two legal entities named Thales (Thailand) Ltd. (established in 2005) and Thales DIS Thailand Ltd (established in 2019) with a strong commitment towards localisation, transfer of expertise and industrial cooperation with Thai industries.
Defence & Security
- Supplies advanced integrated solutions, sensors, combat management and communication systems to the Royal Thai Armed Forces.
- Provided systems on 80% of the Royal Thai Navy fleet, making it the third largest Thales equipped fleet globally. Provides global system integrator capabilities for large and complex defence projects Recently delivered two major contracts for above-water and underwater systems to the Royal Thai Navy.
- Thales is a reference supplier for Air Defence systems (long range radars and effectors).
- Royal Thai Army had selected Thales’ STARStreak Air Defence System.
- Engaged in transfer-of-technology projects with Thai defence industry under the supervision of the Defence Technology Institute.
Digital Identity & Security
- Thales in a consortium with Thai industry has been selected by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs to deliver the new Thai e-Passport under a turn-key 7 year contract.
- Thales is a key supplier for security modules for the Thai national ID cards.
- Leading supplier of banking and payment services and cards to Thai banks, financial institutions, transit authorities and operators.
- Provides cloud protection systems to institutional and private customers.
- Provides hardware security modules (HSM) to Thai banks, financial and public organisations
- Building on a strong global presence in cellular IoT modules, Thales is supporting the Provincial Electricity Authority (PEA) for the replacement of traditional electrical meters with connected smart meters.
- As strategic partner of AEROTHAI, Thales contributes to the safety, security and efficiency of commercial flights in the airspace of Thailand.
- Delivered the world’s first fully-integrated Air Traffic Management (ATM) system to Bangkok-Suvarnabhumi International Airport and the nation-wide state-of-the-art ATM system to Thailand’s air navigation service provider AEROTHAI.
- Provides primary and secondary radars and navigation aids across the country.
- Equips Thai civil airline fleets with state-of-the-art avionics and electrical systems.
- Supplied Thaicom 3 and Thaicom 5 satellites, providing television and internet services to the Asia Pacific region.
- Thales is a leading provider of state of the art signaling and fare collection systems, contributing to the economical development of Thailand and its railways’ progressive decarbonisation.
- Contracted for the modernisation of over 750 km of Main Line rail signalling with the latest ETCS L1 technology (Trackside, Onboard System, Point Machines, Axel counters.
- Provides technologies for the modernisation of Mass Transit systems with state-of the art automatic fare collection systems including EMV technology.
A presence for over 50 years
close to 700 employees >90% Thai national
15 Million ePassports to be produced for the Thai citizens over 7 years.