Italy is the Group’s Competence centre in the design and production of ADS-B, WAM and MLAT air navigation and design systems.
Nowadays, the Civil Air Traffic Control mission is becoming more and more challenging due to the exponential increase of flights on daily basis to move millions of passengers safely, on time and in an environmentally-friendly way. Furthermore, the Nations needs to protect their skies by implementing ever more complex technologies on board military aircraft and ground infrastructures to process a huge amount of data in a matter of seconds.
The Thales Group provides solutions to deal with such complex tasks.
Thales designs avionics, navigation and radar systems for civil air traffic and airspace defense. Thales technologies support the activities of civilian and military pilots, ATC controllers and technicians of hundreds of airlines, air traffic control agencies and Air Force around the world.
Competence centre - Italy is the Thales competence centre in the design and production of ADS-B, WAM and MLAT air navigation and design systems.
- Complete National Coverage of Air Navigation Systems and Instrumental landing for the Civil Air Traffic Agency (ENAV) and the Italian Military Air Force.
- National coverage of ADS-B air navigation systems in USA and Australia
- National Coverage of USAF Air Navigation Systems TACAN
- MARSHALL Program for the "turnkey" supply of RAF for 20 years.
- Coverage of nearly 50% of China's airspace with air navigation systems and instrument landing systems
- Tacan on board for LEONARDO aircraft such as ATR 72 MPA, M346, NH90, Tornado and AM-X
- ILS "Deployable" for Italian Military Air Force, ENAV and USAF
- ILS for DFS/LUNL - Renewal of 41 ILS systems various airports in ten years for DFS and LUNL
- TACAN for NORWAY- Delivery of 14 Tacan 553 for Norway
- DME PBN/ RNAV coverage for South Africa Civil Aviation.