Thales in Norway has a longstanding and strong position with the Norwegian Armed Forces. We offer a wide range of tools for air, land, naval and joint forces.
Thales in Norway has a wide range of solutions within the field of communication and control center solutions. The company has supplied secure military and enterprise networks since the mid-1980s and has broad experience in defence communications over the years.
Thales has a strong position within surveillance, detection and intelligence systems. In modern defence scenarios, the ability to rapidly and effectively detect and identify threats is a prerequisite for efficient protection of people and territories. Thales range of radars is used by a number of NATO-countries.
A SELECTION OF DELIVERABLES
• Thales has supplied voice and data intercom systems for most of the army vehicles in Norway known as SOTAS. SOTAS offers effective noise-cancelling functions and ensures clear voice transmission even in very noisy environments.
• Thales has delivered the naval SATCOM solutions for NANSEN-class frigates and Skjold-class corvettes.
• Thales delivers the FLASH dipping sonars for the naval NH90 helicopters.
• Thales has delivered TACAN, NATOs tactical navigation systems, to all military airports in Norway.
• Thales has delivered several sonars to the Norwegian navy.