Present in Africa since 45 years, Thales has developed strong relations and partnerships with the countries of the region and is widely recognized as a reliable local and innovative partner.
The Group is a trusted partner in Defence &security, Digital identity and Security Ground transportation, aerospace and space and employs about people in the region (including joint ventures).
In each domain of activity, Thales has many references in the region.
• Transportation: Thales is supplying signaling systems, ticketing solutions and mobile communications for urban and mainline in Algeria, Morocco, Nigeria, South Africa, Senegal
• Defence: In February 2015, the Egyptian government ordered twenty-four Rafale’s and one FREMM multi-mission frigate; both extensively equipped with Thales solutions. Thales equipment represents 25% of the total value of the Rafale.
• Security: Thales is providing airport security solutions, King Shaka International Airport in Durban, South Africa and contribute to enhance urban security into safe cities program such as Abidjan Safe City.
• Aerospace: Thales’ systems are currently managing around 80% of Africa’s air traffic movements, representing thirty countries. Thales is providing In-Flight Entertainment (IFE) systems for seven airlines in Africa.
• Space: Thales Alenia Space is a major satellite communications player in the region contributing to world-renowned programmes such as Arabsat, Nilesat, Eutelsat and RascomStar-QAF and Yahsat.