THALES'S COMPACT AUTOPILOT FOR LINEFIT OR RETROFIT INTEGRATION ON BOARD ALL HELICOPTER TYPES
Thales offers innovative autopilot solutions, certified by both the FAA and EASA, and flying all around the world today on various platforms. Thales’ solution and architecture is adaptable to any aircraft design: commercial, regional, military, business jets, helicopter and drones.
From Equipment and Software to end-to-end System
Our scope of solutions includes single equipment to end-to-end autopilot system as well as software solution which can be installed on existing computing device.
- Autopilot software application that implements several functions: stabilization and control, guidance modes, auto throttle, etc;
- Control panels;
- Auto throttle assembly;
- Probes and sensors;
- Computing device.
Thales Autopilot Main Key Features
- Certified with TSO/ETSO, DAL A;
- Precision Approach modes up to ILS CATIIIB and including steep approach;
- Non Precision Approach modes: LNAV, LNAV/VNAV, RNP-AR 0.3, LPV, GLS
- Protection: flight envelope, Alpha floor, speed protection, windshear escape guidance, TCAS/TAWS AP coupling, sensor single source;
- Auto throttle / Auto thrust (Thrust Quadrant Assembly included);
- Military modes including terrain following.
Autopilot Efficient Development
Thales offers certified processes and tools, including early validation and agile methods, to ensure on-time development and reduced risk. The powerful capability to fine tune the autopilot control laws significantly shortens the test campaign.
Ability to Add Functions on Existing Autopilots
Thales can upgrade any fleet of legacy aircraft, providing additional capabilities such as:
- LPV capability;
- Search & Rescue capability: search patterns, flexible approach to a point, position hold, etc.
Installation Airworthiness Qualification and Certification