Leading the way in air force defence
We have remained at the cutting edge of airborne defence by leveraging our partnerships with the world’s best military air framers and continually stressing the importance of innovation.
To supply defence ministries with the right tools for flight control, navigation, communications and surveillance, we collaborate with the following industry-leading organisations:
We are proud that our innovative solutions have been selected by the following organisations:
- Airbus: A400M Full Flight Simulator (FFS) for the French air force
- Airbus Military: A400M Flat Panel Flight Training Device — the first of its kind — for training air crews in Seville, Spain
The highest quality air defence solutions
Built to the highest standards, our solutions provide manufacturers with the systems they need in the following areas:
- Advanced air defence
- Combat systems
- Command and control centres
- Onboard electronics
- Mission and surveillance systems
- Radars and sensors
- Weapon systems & munitions
Through these activities, we have demonstrated our ability to provide outstanding products including:
- Ground Master 400, digital defence radar selected by Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Malaysia , Slovenia and Kazakhstan
- Our data fusion tools, selected by Dassault aviation for the Rafale fighter plane
- C4I system, selected by France, Japan, Indonesia, Malaysia and Turkey
Advanced Air DefenceWe help our customers keep their skies, citizens and key assets safe through advanced air defence solutions such as ground radar systems, weapon coordination and missile defence.
Combat SystemsThales designs, manufactures and maintains the world’s best solutions for aircraft self-protection to give pilots the upper hand in all types of missions.
Defence Onboard ElectronicsWe are a trusted partner of defence ministries worldwide, providing a full range of high-performing military avionics.
C4ISROur strong industrial presence and proven capabilities as an equipment supplier, service provider and prime contractor enable us to design C4ISR systems that best meet our customers’ needs.
Command and Control Centres - Air OperationsIn partnership with Thales Raytheon Systems (TRS), Thales is playing an active role in defining the future of combat air operations.
Mission and Surveillance SystemsMission Airborne Solutions based on the most sophisticated techniques in Intelligence, Surveillance, Target Acquisition and Reconnaissance, allow to give to the End User the means to take the right decision at the right time.
Radars and SensorsFor air forces to effectively contribute to military operations, aircraft must be equipped with surveillance and reconnaissance systems for effective patrol activities.
Weapon systems & munitionsThales is the only company in Europe capable of providing armed forces with a full range of solutions from early warning to threat neutralisation, at all level from very short-range systems to extended air defence.
Airborne OptronicsThales offers innovative solutions on-board aircraft. Long-range detection and identification of air and surface targets provides unparalleled situational awareness capability while ensuring the aircraft’s self-protection.
Services for Air ForcesIn 2008, we formed OEM Defence Services, joining forces with the following industry-leading organisations: Diehl Aerospace, Liebherr Aerospace, Safran and Zodiac Aerospace
34 product(s) matching
- Fulmar X is classified in the mini-UAV segment. Its size is 3.1 meters and weighs 19 kilos, it flies to the altitude of 3,000 meters and can achieve a speed of 150 kilometres per hour.
- Scorpion® is a ‘force multiplier’ system offering full colour symbology (navigation, intelligence, combat, etc.) for both nighttime and daytime missions.
- Thales has significant credentials in the Maritime Security and Safety (MSS) market and leverages on the core Thales business areas of Security and Mission Critical systems worldwide.
- Thales is a global leader with 30 years of experience in identity management programmes. The Group has secured more than 25 national identity projects, captured several hundred million digital fingerprints and produced over 300 million identity documents around the world.
- As new risks & global threats emerge, governments are calling for higher level of security at the borderlines in order to reinforce the protection of the homeland security.