Modular and innovative technological bricks serving all critical environments
The R&D department is centred on a design office and two areas of expertise working in close partnership: a team of hardware electronic designers specialized in harsh environments and a team of experts in packaging & interconnections developments.
Application fields of the hardware electronics design team:
- Power electronics
- Analogue and digital electronics
- LF and microwave electronics
Our experts develop multi-chip modules and technological bricks that can be easily combined, adapted and replaced in order to best fit the system’s requirements and upgrades. They notably focus on:
- Power bricks : power density and thermal monitoring
- Analogue and digital bricks: function densification
- Microwave bricks: power density and function densification
Application fields in packaging and interconnections:
- Electronics bonding and assembly technologies
- Electronics packaging technologies
Our experts develop disruptive materials, layout or assembly solutions in order to optimize the dimensions, cost, performance or even the reproducibility of the products and processes. In parallel, the teams are involved in numerous upstream research programmes, whether within consortiums, or together with university laboratories and European research institutes.
- Specific analytical equipment: MEB, DSC/TGA/TMA (Tg) analysis, RX, X-ray fluorescence, pull and shearing tests, traction tests, acoustic microscope, Dage…
- Design Office : placement and routing of Multi-Chip Modules and PCBA, thermal and electro-mechanical simulations, 3D mechanical design, assembly and test tooling