The people we all rely on to make the world go round – they rely on Thales.
In a world that is increasingly fast moving, unpredictable – and full of opportunities, they come to us with big ambitions: to make life better, to keep us safer.
Combining a unique diversity of expertise, talents and cultures, our architects design and deliver extraordinary high technology solutions. Solutions that make tomorrow possible, today.
From the bottom of the oceans to the depth of space and cyberspace, we help our customers think smarter and act faster - mastering ever greater complexity and every decisive moment along the way.
Whatever it takes.
Who we are
At Thales in the UK we research, develop, and supply technology and services that impact the lives of millions of people each day to make life better, and keep us safer. We innovate across five major industries:
Combining a unique diversity of market knowledge, talent and expertise, our people design and deliver solutions to overcome some of the world’s most intricate engineering challenges. From the depths of the oceans to the edges of space – and cyberspace – we help our customers master complexity by enabling them to think faster and act smarter.
Whatever it takes.
The expertise at Thales in the UK lies in our people, and with over 6,500 employees at X key sites, we make it a priority to support research, development and innovation in the UK.
What we do
We provide highly advanced technology; setting new standards in engineering and technical excellence. We’re continuously developing, refining and improving our products and services to provide our customers with a more efficient, safe and secure experience.
At Thales in the UK we operate within the civil and defence markets, working with a range of customers to help them overcome their challenges:
- We are the number one global provider of air traffic management systems, equipping more than 160 air traffic control centres, covering over 40% of the world’s airspace. This eases the congestion in our crowded skies and reduces delays to flights
- We provide the eyes and ears for the Royal Navy; situational awareness sensors and systems, allowing fleets to safely execute missions with greater visibility of their surroundings out at sea
- We are currently working with Transport for London to deliver the Four Lines Modernisation (4LM) programme. 4LM is a project to upgrade the signalling systems of the Circle, District, Hammersmith & City and Metropolitan lines, increasing the overall capacity and efficiency of the London Underground
- We deliver cyber security solutions for real-time global telemetry transmission to Williams Martini Racing and Williams Advanced Engineering, allowing the secure transmission of data between the pit stop and Williams’ headquarters.
- We have worked with the UK Space Agency to open the UK’s first Space Propulsion Integration Centre in Belfast, making propulsion systems for satellites. The propulsion systems enhance the satellites’ manoeuvrability, improving their connectivity with electronic equipment back on earth