Rafale exports: Indonesia contract is the seventh success for Rafale in international markets
Indonesia has placed an order for 42 Rafale latest-generation French combat aircraft for the Indonesian Air Force (Tentara Nasional Indonesia Angkatan Udara). The contract also includes aircrew training and logistical support.
The official signing ceremony took place in Jakarta today, 10 February, in the presence of Florence Parly, French Minister of the Armed Forces, Prabowo Subianto, Indonesian Minister of Defence, Eric Trappier, Chairman & CEO of Dassault Aviation, and Air Vice Marshal Yusuf Jauhari, Head of the Defence Facilities Agency at the Indonesian Ministry of Defence.
"Alongside Dassault Aviation and GIE Rafale, we are honoured by this order of 42 Rafale aircraft from the Air Force of the Indonesian National Army," said Patrice Caine, Chairman & Chief Executive Officer, Thales.
Rafale sales record
- France: 192 purchased in successive orders (the latest order for 12 aircraft was placed after the sale of 12 second-hand Rafale aircraft to Greece)
- Egypt: 54 aircraft ordered, including 24 in February 2015 (Egypt was the first export customer), and 30 in May 2021. One additional Rafale was ordered in August 2021 to replace an aircraft that had been damaged in an accident in 2019.
- Qatar: 36 aircraft ordered: 24 in May 2015 and 12 in December 2017
- India: 36 aircraft ordered in September 2016
- Greece: 18 aircraft ordered in January 2021 (6 new, 12 second-hand)
- Croatia: 12 second-hand aircraft ordered on 21 November 2021