Vignet delivers a dose of IoT technology to improve healthcare while reducing costs.
Healthcare systems across the globe are facing unprecedented change as providers and governments struggle to improve the quality of care in the face of rising costs, a growing elderly population, and increased reporting requirements.
Besides, the ratio of patients to caregivers is growing at an alarming rate.
The U.S. alone is expected to face an estimated shortage of more than 120,000 healthcare professionals by 2025.
Compliance with healthcare mandates and regulations such as HIPAA have made accountability and reporting a requirement for all aspects of healthcare further burdening care systems.
The cool thing is that a dose of IoT technology is providing relief.
Vignet and Thales team up to optimise remote patient monitoring
Vignet, a leader in health enterprise solutions, teamed up with Thales to transform modern healthcare with an innovative “Home Health Hub” that improves monitoring and care while cutting costs.
The easy-to-use Vignet Health Hub is enabled by Thales IoT connectivity technology.
It consolidates information from a variety of medical devices and sensors including pedometers, electrocardiogram patches, sleep sensors, weight scales, blood glucose tests, blood pressure devices and other sensors.
The Hub sends data via wireless networks to a cloud-based platform that provides a dashboard view of the user’s overall health status for authorised caregivers and family members.
The two-way solution delivers medication reminders and behavioural prompts to the screen on the Hub and to the user’s mobile device, which helps to improve chronic disease management and overall well-being.
The solution leverages Thales' strong authentication, authorisation, and encryption and meets U.S. privacy regulations like HIPAA.
Patient information is secured and available only to individuals authorised by the user.
A healthy future ahead with IoT
Most importantly, it provides a platform upon which all patients, regardless of location, have efficient and effective access to care.
The Thales-enabled Vignet Home Health Hub provides a solution to transform and optimise the global healthcare sector with intelligent IoT technology.
More inspiring IoT examples
- Electrifying Africa: SolarKiosk
- Eltopia: IoT solutions to save bees
- MedMinder makes Medication Smarter with IoT Connected Pill Box
- Exeter to reach carbon neutrality by 2030
- Bonaverde Berlin disrupts the coffee ecosystem (with IoT)
- OnKöl mHealth Device (IoT at work)
- Mobike demonstrates the power of IoT
- Svep Design Center and the IoT (Interview)
- Cargo Tracck Protects Rainforest Trees
- Globalmatix to connect the unconnected
- iLOC watch enhances safety for loved ones
- Enkom Active Oy and the IoT (Interview)
- ERTICO enables eCall across Europe
- Aware 360 and Thales in IoT
- Tauron and Smarter Energy (IoT connectivity)