Gemalto shares will be delisted on 29 May 2019
Paris La Défense, 23 April 2019 - Reference is made to the joint press release by Thales (Euronext Paris: HO) and Gemalto (Euronext Amsterdam and Paris: GTO) dated 16 April 2019 on the results of the Post-Closing Acceptance Period in relation to the recommended all-cash offer by Thales for all the issued and outstanding shares of Gemalto (the Offer).
Thales and Gemalto jointly announce today that, at their request, Euronext has confirmed that the ordinary shares in the capital of Gemalto will be delisted from Euronext Amsterdam and Euronext Paris effective on 29 May 2019.
The last day that Gemalto shares can be traded on Euronext will therefore be 28 May 2019.
Thales will commence as soon as possible (i) a compulsory acquisition procedure (uitkoopprocedure) in accordance with article 2:92a or 2:201a of the DCC to buy out the Shareholders who have not tendered their Shares, and/or (ii) a takeover buy-out procedure in accordance with article 2:359c of the DCC to acquire the remaining Shares not held by Thales or Gemalto.
Note to editors
Gemalto's solutions are at the heart of modern life, from payment to enterprise security and the internet of things. Gemalto's technologies and services authenticate people, transactions and objects, encrypt data and create value for software – enabling businesses and governments to deliver secure digital services for billions of individuals and things.
The people we all rely on to make the world go round – they rely on Thales. Our customers come to us with big ambitions: to make life better, to keep us safer. Combining a unique diversity of expertise, talents and cultures, our architects design and deliver extraordinary high technology solutions. Solutions that make tomorrow possible, today. From the bottom of the oceans to the depth of space and cyberspace, we help our customers think smarter and act faster - mastering ever greater complexity and every decisive moment along the way. With 80,000 employees in 68 countries, Thales reported sales of €19 billion in 2018.
Thales, Media Relations
+33 1 57 77 90 93
Thales, Analysts/Investor Relations
+33 1 57 77 89 02
GEMALTO SHAREHOLDERS CAN VOLUNTARILY TRANSFER THEIR SHARES TO THALES BEFORE 4 OCTOBER 2019
GEMALTO SHARES WILL BE DELISTED ON 29 MAY 2019
THALES COMPLETES ACQUISITION OF GEMALTO TO BECOME A GLOBAL LEADER IN DIGITAL IDENTITY AND SECURITY 2 APRIL 2019
SUCCESS OF THALES OFFER FOR GEMALTO SHARES 29 MARCH 2019
- THALES SETS TO 28 MARCH 2019 THE END DATE OF THE ACCEPTANCE PERIOD OF ITS OFFER FOR GEMALTO
- THALES AND GEMALTO ARE GRANTED ANTITRUST CLEARANCE IN THE UNITED STATES
- THALES AND GEMALTO REACH AGREEMENT WITH THE ANTITRUST DIVISION OF THE UNITED STATES DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE
- THALES AND GEMALTO ARE GRANTED REGULATORY CLEARANCES BY THE AUSTRALIAN AND MEXICAN COMPETITION AUTHORITIES
- THALES AND GEMALTO ARE GRANTED REGULATORY CLEARANCE BY THE COMMERCE COMMISSION IN NEW ZEALAND
- THALES AND GEMALTO ARE GRANTED REGULATORY CLEARANCE BY THE EUROPEAN COMMISSION
- THALES AND GEMALTO ARE GRANTED REGULATORY CLEARANCE FROM THE COMPETITION COMMISSION IN SOUTH AFRICA
- THALES AND GEMALTO ARE GRANTED REGULATORY CLEARANCE BY THE COMMITTEE ON FOREIGN INVESTMENT IN THE UNITED STATES (CFIUS)
- THALES AND GEMALTO ARE GRANTED REGULATORY CLEARANCE FROM THE COMPETITION BOARD IN TURKEY
- THALES AND GEMALTO ANNOUNCE REGULATORY CLEARANCE FROM THE MINISTER OF INNOVATION IN CANADA
UPDATE ON THE OFFER BY THALES FOR GEMALTO 11 October 2018
- THALES EXTENDS THE ACCEPTANCE PERIOD OF THE OFFER FOR GEMALTO UNTIL 15 AUGUST 2018 AND CONFIRMS IT EXPECTS TO COMPLETE THE ACQUISITION IN THE COURSE OF THE SECOND HALF OF 2018
- THALES LAUNCHES ITS OFFER ON ALL GEMALTO SHARES
- THALES AND GEMALTO CREATE A WORLD LEADER IN DIGITAL SECURITY
- GEMALTO FULL YEAR 2017 RESULTS
- GEMALTO FULL YEAR 2016 RESULTS
- GEMALTO FULL YEAR 2015 RESULTS
- GEMALTO FULL YEAR 2014 RESULTS