What are our customers’ major challenges?
- Passenger journey need to be easy and seamless. That means engaging passengers with personalised information in an environment where there are thousands of passengers with multiple user profiles.
- Operators need to know how passengers are using their networks. Their ambition is to understand the whole journey, from start to finish, including what happens before and afterwards – and discovering how they can capitalize on it.
- Transport operators need better insights from data, not limited to their own networks, but from the entire mobility ecosystem, to help them adapt regular train services. Or, when there’s a crisis, recovering with a “Passenger Centric” approach, no longer limited to convergence with the time table.
What is the Thales’s answer?
Our Mobility Platform is designed to meet all of these needs. It works by turning raw data into accurate real-time information with predictive insights for both passengers and operators. The platform is able to adapt its behaviour dynamically to match constantly changing operational scenarios. Data can be taken from many operational sources. Signalling systems, for example, provide real-time train positioning data and infrastructure availability. Fare collection and video analytics can also be used.
But what makes the Mobility Platform so valuable is that data from any source can be used, including anonymised location data from passengers’ mobile devices in line with GDPR legislation. Public data about school holidays, football matches and other major events provides additional granularity. The platform also stores operational data, so trends can be identified. This allows operators to predict problems based on past experience and to make better plans – and to provide better answers – in the future.
All of this is achieved on the Mobility Platform, which includes big data tools developed by Guavus and embedded on Thales’ Digital Platform.
Information generated by the Mobility Platform can be used across multiple channels and multiple devices, to reach and communicate with passengers anywhere and at any time. For operators, outputs from the platform can be customised to provide insights via dashboards, visualisations and reports.
Cybersecurity is vital. That’s why the Mobility Platform is “Cybersecured by Design”. This is one of the major assets we’re delivering in this ecosystem, with the capacity to embed the applications of 3rd parties to complement our offer.
- Easy and seamless journeys for passengers: it provides end-to-end assistance and eliminates uncertainty by providing accurate real-time information.
- Innovative passenger profiling allows users to tailor journeys to their unique mobility needs: Predictive analytics are used to anticipate delays and suggest alternative routes based on their profile preferences. And the solution provides support at every moment throughout the journey, not just at the beginning or limited to theoretical timetables.
- For transport operators, the platform provides real-time predictions and insights into network performance and passenger behaviour. It delivers the “intelligence” to dynamically change and adapt train services to optimise recovery in the event of major disruption, internal or external to their networks. And end-to-end journey data helps operators to create complementary services with other transport providers, supporting them as they prepare to face road competition.