Thales supplied the country’s biometric national identity card, based on contactless smartcard technology.
All of Morocco’s banks rely on Thales cybersecurity solutions. The company also operates a dedicated cybersecurity competence center to help local businesses fight cybercrime. The center conducts audits and implements cybersecurity solutions for customers not only in Morocco but throughout Africa.
Identity and Biometrics in Morocco
- Thales is a trusted company in Morocco for Identity and Biometric Solutions and continues to reinforce its position in this market.
A strong partnership has been developed with Bank Al-Maghrib (BAM) for over 10 years, during which Thales has provided and upgraded the personalisation solution for the Moroccan Biometric Passports, and is the exclusive BAM supplier of eCovers with more than 15 Million eCovers supplied to date.
Thales is also trusted by national law enforcement agencies since 2005 for the supply and upgrade of National AFIS (Automated Fingerpoint Identification System) and FRS (Facial Recognition System) systems in addition to various biometric equipment & solutions.
Thales supplied Driving Licenses and Vehicle Registration cards to RMK/Assiaqa card from 2011 to 2019 before production and personalisation became fully managed by Bank-Al-Maghrib.
Digital & Cybersecurity
- Thales Morocco has developed a cybersecurity skills center to help both Moroccan and African customers tackle those challenges.
The Rabat- based team has delivered over the last 5 years multiple critical cybersecurity missions with the country’s largest local banks, national telecom operators and other key industrial players in the region.
Combining the advantage of customer proximity with a wide cybersecurity capability portfolio, Thales Morocco supports customers in:
- the assessment of their cyber-risks and maturity
- challenging their defense-to-detect residual vulnerabilities
- investigating and anticipating cyber-crises to neutralizing complex attacks
Thales Morocco has also developed synergies with Thales France, Thales Middle East and Thales Portugal to be able to address the entire information security lifecycle, the cornerstone of digital trust.