An employer of choice
A long tradition of interaction
The principle of constructive dialogue reaches well beyond France’s borders. In fact, 99% of Thales employees in Europe now benefit from two key agreements:
- IDEA for professional development*
- TALK for annual appraisals**.
The need for transparency
Sharing the rewards
Thales employees in France also benefit from incentive and profit-sharing schemes which help to boost cohesion and build a sense of unity among the Group’s French companies. In 2013, for example, a total of 22.56 million euros was distributed under the profit-sharing scheme, and 30 of the Group’s French companies paid incentive bonuses totalling €42.38 million.
Why Thales attracts the best talent
- A passion for innovation and high technology
- Professional development opportunities
- Meaningful missions and programmes
- The power of teamwork
- A multicultural environment
Engaged with local communities
Engaged through the Thales Foundation
Through the Thales Foundation, we are committed to innovating for people. In practical terms, we are committed to stepping up to society’s day-to-day challenges, with a particular focus on education and emergency preparedness. As well as providing financial assistance to community organisations, the Foundation relies on Thales employees who volunteer their skills and devote their time and energy to helping these local organisations directly.
The year 2015 marked the completion of the Thales Foundation's first projects. Nearly 40,000 children and young adults benefitted from the Foundation's programmes, and more than 100 Thales volunteers in seven countries played an active role in the 17 projects supported.
- Thales employee projects brought 10,000 children in six countries a chance to rekindle their interest in science at school and gain access to the latest digital learning tools.
- In the 2015-16 school year, more than 30,000 children and adults in France, mainly in underserved areas, will be taking part in innovative programmes that promote equal learning opportunities for all.
- During the international Pro Bono operation, 30 Thales volunteers in New Delhi, Johannesburg and Paris dedicated a day to helping local charities overcome one of the practical challenges they face.
- After the earthquake in Nepal in April 2015, the Foundation also provided financial support to Télécoms Sans Frontières, an NGO that works to restore telecom services as quickly as possible in emergency situations.
Thales job statistics (end-2013)
- 97.4% of personnel are on permanent contracts
- 93.5% of jobs are full-time
- 75% of employees are engineers, specialists or managers (or equivalent)
- 46% of jobs are outside France
- 22% of employees are women
* IDEA (Improving professional Development through Effective Anticipation) was signed in 2009 with the European Metalworkers' Federation (now industriAll).
** TALK (Transparent annual Activity discussion for mutual Listening and developing professional Knowledge) was signed in 2010 with the European Metalworkers' Federation.
Developing our peopleThales offers a range of skills development opportunities to help staff to grow professionally and improve their employability.
Equality and diversityThe Thales recruitment policy places a strong emphasis on equality and diversity.
Promoting health and safety in the workplaceThales implements a range of measures to ensure the health and safety of its employees.
Supporting France’s military reserveThales actively supports France’s policy on military reservists.