- St Maarten, was on one of the Caribbean island paradises badly hit by hurricane Irma and Maria in 2017. The air traffic and airport infrastructure were particularly affected and the country has been working assiduously to restore its primary means of transportation to and from the island.
- Partnership with European Space Agency (ESA) for ground-breaking Iris programme
- The world’s most advanced Air Traffic Management (ATM) system and the largest civil-military airspace integration project ever
- Thales has received approval for successful SAT and flight calibration regarding ILS/DME + DVOR/DME relocation and replacement for Male Airport, Maldives.
- Thales has been selected by Airways New Zealand, New Zealand’s air navigation service provider (ANSP) which monitors all air traffic in the country, for the supply of a nationwide ADS-B network.
- Air Traffic and Navigation Services SOC Limited (ATNS) the air navigation service provider of South Africa, has selected Thales to supply, install and commission Wide Area Multilateration (WAM) surveillance, Primary and Secondary Surveillance Radars, and Distance Measuring Equipment (DME) technology
- At World ATM Congress 2016, Thales announces that the Egyptian National Air Navigation Services Company (NANSC) has selected Thales for the replacement and renewal of the ATM systems at Hurghada and Taba International Airports.
- At World ATM Congress 2016, Thales announces the launch of ECOsystem, a data-driven solution providing decision support for efficiency, capacity and operations optimisation.
Thales extends TopSky-ATC with Remote Tower and signs partnerships with HungaroControl and Searidge TechnologiesAt the World ATM Congress 2016, Thales unveils its remote tower offering, an extension of TopSky-ATC, its market-leading automation system.