Here you will find all of our news. Use the filters to choose a date or/and an activity. For further results, feel free to use the search box.
- From 21 to 24 November, a series of full-scale operational demonstrations of SYNAPS, the new generation of software-defined radios from Thales, was successfully completed in Chantilly, France.
- In 2007, the British government ordered two new aircraft carriers. 10 years later the first of these, HMS Queen Elizabeth, entered service.
- Female engineers are passionate problem solvers, who impact virtually all aspects of our everyday lives…
- Imagine the glass of a flying control tower so strong that it could withstand a strike equivalent to a direct hit from the blade tip of a Chinook helicopter...
Artificial Intelligence (AI) is under heavy scrutiny at the moment and the world seems divided on whether it’s a force for good or for bad. That’s to be expected. New technology often scares people and imagination can get in the way of fact…
When University most talented brains meet cybersecurity challenges... Thales congratulates the winner!Thales' Student Innovation Championship is a new competition launched in the fall of 2017, designed to challenge university students in Canada. The idea is to tackle problems in industry, while giving the students valuable insight into the problems real companies face every day.
- The singer Chris Rea enjoyed a seasonal hit in 1988 with “Driving home for Christmas” but his hit album the following year, “The Road to Hell”, painted a more accurate picture of travel at Christmas.
Thales successfully concludes tests demonstrating resilient communications using System 21 modem over Eutelsat satellitesSMI Global MilSatCom (London, UK), November 07, 2017 - In October, Thales, the leading supplier of ground secure satellite communication solutions executed a series of tests with Eutelsat, one of the world’s leading satellite operators.
- We caught up with Nadia Johnson, Software Engineer Apprentice at Thales in the UK, who was nominated as a finalist for the 2016 IET Young Woman Engineer of the Year Awards.
First worldwide demonstration of SYNAPS, the new-generation software-defined radio from Thales for real-time collaborative combatFrom 21 to 24 November, a series of full-scale operational demonstrations of SYNAPS, the new generation of software-defined radios from Thales, was successfully completed in Chantilly, France.
- Thales is proud to be part of a joint Ministry of Defence-industry team to be recognised for its excellence in delivering UK armed forces with a ‘world leading and unique’ surveillance system to protect troops from the threat of biological attack.
- November 23rd, 2017 - Back from his International Space Station mission on June 2, the French astronaut shared his experiences in orbit, his passions and concerns, addressing a highly attentive audience mainly comprising employees from Thales Alenia Space's Cannes plant.
- To solve mysteries about ancient works or authenticate heritage objects, specialists often need support from science. Since 1988, AGLAÉ has been installed at the Centre de Recherche et de Restauration des Musées de France (C2RMF, Palais du Louvre).