Here you will find all of our news. Use the filters to choose a date or/and an activity. For further results, feel free to use the search box.
- While the launch of Iridium NEXT's first batch is very close, time has come to underline the impressive production and supply chain organization related to the program.
- With the first launch soon approaching, this is a timely opportunity to publish a series of articles on Iridium NEXT, starting with the basics: what is Iridium NEXT, and how does it work?
- SMS (Sandwich Material and Structure) is one of the space projects chosen for the European Commission’s Horizon 2020 (H2020) program. This project is led by Thales Alenia Space as prime contractor
- ExoMars is looking up! The European Space Agency’s Ministerial Council has approved the funding needed to finance the 2020 mission, which will deliver a European rover and a Russian surface platform to Mars.
- Zurich, November 30, 2016 – Following Thales Alenia Space’s acquisition of RUAG’s opto-electronics business line, finalized on November 2, the company announced today the official creation of its Swiss subsidiary, Thales Alenia Space Switzerland.
- ONION is a Thales Alenia Space-led European R&D project with funding from the Horizon 2020 (H2020) program. ONION entails a pragmatic, scalable approach that aims to improve current and future missions, while also bolstering the competitiveness of Europe’s space-based imaging industry.
- Following the earthquake that occured in Italy on October 26th, CosMo-Skymed and Sentinel-1 satellites wera activated to provide data helping Italian authorities.
- October 19th 2016: This evening, while the orbiter goes into its definitive orbit at an altitude of 400 kilometers above the Red Planet, the Schiaparelli landing module will be the object of everybody’s attention.
- The ExoMars 2016 mission reached another major milestone on October 16, as the Schiaparelli lander separated from the TGO, or Trace Gas Orbiter.
- On October 16, 2016 the two modules comprising the ExoMars 2016 spacecraft, the Trace Gas Orbiter (TGO) and the Entry, descent and landing Demonstrator Module (EDM), dubbed Schiaparelli, will separate.
- As the ExoMars spacecraft prepares to release its Schiaparelli module for a landing on Mars next week, we talked to Walter Cugno, Thales Alenia Space Italy Vice President for Exploration and Science and General Manager of the Turin plant.
- ExoMars: all you have to know about the launch campaign regarding the Radar Doppler Altimeter, a key technology onboard ExoMars descent modules, for both 2016 & 2020 missions. The major part of these tests were carried out in Morocco, in Erfoud, on soil similar to that found on Mars.
Precise Point Positioning via EGNOS: a disruptive new approach to satellite navigation, with huge commercial potentialFrench space agency CNES and Thales Alenia Space conducted a demonstration under real conditions in July 2016 that will bring new evolutions to the satellite navigation market.