Here you will find all of our news. Use the filters to choose a date or/and an activity. For further results, feel free to use the search box.
- As the ExoMars spacecraft prepares to release its Schiaparelli module for a landing on Mars next week, we talked to Walter Cugno, Thales Alenia Space Italy Vice President for Exploration and Science and General Manager of the Turin plant.
- ExoMars: all you have to know about the launch campaign regarding the Radar Doppler Altimeter, a key technology onboard ExoMars descent modules, for both 2016 & 2020 missions. The major part of these tests were carried out in Morocco, in Erfoud, on soil similar to that found on Mars.
Precise Point Positioning via EGNOS: a disruptive new approach to satellite navigation, with huge commercial potentialFrench space agency CNES and Thales Alenia Space conducted a demonstration under real conditions in July 2016 that will bring new evolutions to the satellite navigation market.
- The European Space Agency’s Rosetta spacecraft has just completed its historic mission with a controlled descent to the surface of the 67P/Churyumov-Gerasimenko comet, ending a journey through the Solar System that began in March 2004.
- September 21st 2016: 50 million kilometers away from the Red Planet!
- Following a trajectory adjustment maneuver, the spacecraft managed to acquire the PreSeparation attitude.
- Just one month from today, on October 16, 2016, the Entry Descent and Landing Demonstrator Module (EDM), dubbed Schiaparelli, will be released by the Trace Gas Orbiter (TGO) and start its three-day descent towards Mars.
- MEOLUT Next passed the commissioning tests conducted by French space agency CNES with flying colors, as it met all 42 requirements set by COSPAS-SARSAT.
- Just hours after the recent earthquake struck Italy, the Sentinel 1-A and 1-B satellites from Europe’s Copernicus program and the Italian government’s COSMO-SkyMed satellite sprang into action to support disaster relief efforts by supplying maps and surveillance.
- Successful deep space maneuver!
- Sentinel-3A satellite has just passed its in-orbit commissioning review (IOCR), showing that all functions are operating correctly and delivering the specified performance.
- On July 7 and 8 in Cannes, Thales Alenia Space's Innovation Cluster is organizing an event dubbed #HelloSpace.
- Juno spacecraft reached Jupiter after a 5-year journey!