Here you will find all of our news. Use the filters to choose a date or/and an activity. For further results, feel free to use the search box.
- The Student Innovation Championship Award ceremony took place in Thales' Toronto office on December 19th. The three winning teams were awarded their prizes and invited to tour the facilities.
- On Thursday, December 13th, in the presence of the Minister of the Economy and Finance Bruno Le Maire, Thales has been awarded the "CAC All Tradable" Prize at the ceremony organised by the French Federation of Employee and Former Employee Shareholder Associations (FAS).
World 1st 3D vertebroplasty performed using a Surgivisio system equipped with a Pixium 2630s detector integrated into a C-ARMThales Microwave and Imaging Sub-system supports its customers and healthcare professionals in the most decisive moments to advance innovation in the field of radiology and health.
- Stretching for 57km beneath the Alps and completed a year ahead of schedule, Switzerland’s new Gotthard base tunnel is the longest and deepest railway tunnel ever built.
- The solution is available and delivers cutting-edge tactical communications that address the Army’s network modernization initiatives and provides Soldiers with the tactical advantage necessary to achieve mission success in both dismounted and mounted vehicular configurations.
- Thales has been chosen by the University of Munich to supply the final amplification stage for ATLAS 3000.
The ATLAS 3000 system, developed by the Centre for Advanced Laser Applications (CALA)* in Munich, is a high-intensity laser system rated at 3 PetaWatts
Thales has won a contract for the delivery of a 2 x 100TW laser system to the Weizmann Institute of ScienceThales has won a contract for the delivery of a 2 x 100TW laser system to the Weizmann Institute of Science, the Israeli multidisciplinary institute of fundamental research.
- On December 8, 2017 Thales Canada celebrated the launch of the first Offshore Fisheries Science Vessel (OFSV) at Seaspan Shipyards.
- From 21 to 24 November, a series of full-scale operational demonstrations of SYNAPS, the new generation of software-defined radios from Thales, was successfully completed in Chantilly, France.
- In 2007, the British government ordered two new aircraft carriers. 10 years later the first of these, HMS Queen Elizabeth, entered service.
- Female engineers are passionate problem solvers, who impact virtually all aspects of our everyday lives…
- Imagine the glass of a flying control tower so strong that it could withstand a strike equivalent to a direct hit from the blade tip of a Chinook helicopter...
Artificial Intelligence (AI) is under heavy scrutiny at the moment and the world seems divided on whether it’s a force for good or for bad. That’s to be expected. New technology often scares people and imagination can get in the way of fact…