THE MOST COMPACT SONAR OF THE CAPTAS FAMILY TO LOCATE AND TRACK QUIET SUBMARINES IN DEEP AND LITTORAL WATERS FOR VERY EFFICIENT ASW FLEET PROTECTION
Capable of long range detection in shallow & deep water.
- Minimum installation constraints
Single winch, simple launch and recovery of the Towed Body and the Towed Array, easily installed on a wide variety of small and medium size platforms
- Reduced operator workload
Requires minimum operating and training manpower. Provides simple deployment & recovery in a safe work environment.
Very accurate target positioning to prosecute and engage distant submarines with airborne assets. Multi-static capability with most current low frequency Sonar in operation world wide.
Permanent self-defence capability.
Adjustable Source Level & noise monitoring for sea mammal protection.
Large installed base and continuous evolutions for inherent customer’s long term support.
• The only LFA VDS in service in NATO countries.
• More than 40 CAPTAS systems already ordered
French Navy (CAPTAS-4 on FREMM)
Italian Navy (CAPTAS-4 on FREMM)
Royal Malaysian Navy (CAPTAS-2 on SGPV LCS)
Royal Moroccan Navy (CAPTAS-4 on FREMM)
Royal Norwegian Navy (CAPTAS-2 on NNF)
Royal Saudi Navy (CAPTAS-2 on F4000)
UAE Navy (CAPTAS-2 on Abu Dhabi)
UK Royal Navy (CAPTAS-4 on T23)
CAPTAS-4 selected by the US Navy for ADM contract on LCS programme.
A simple rugged design for sea operations which allows the ASW units to maximize the detection of extremely quiet submarines.
The system is designed to deploy the array at optimum depth to continuously survey 360 degrees with a well covered water column, thus overcoming harsh propagation conditions and surface-layer problems inherent to Hull Mounted Sonar.
• For platforms > 300T
• Operated either from a single dedicated console or from CMS Multi-Function Consoles.
• One single winch deploying both the transmit Towed Body and the linear receive array.
• Bottom safety warning functions.
• Performance prediction function for Sonar optimisation.
• Comprehensive Built-In Test capability.
• 20 ft ISO containerised solution for ASW mission modules.
• Multi-static capability with most of the current low frequency sonar in operation worldwide.
Transmit array features:
• One Free Flooded Ring Transmit Array.
• 360° bearing omni-directional transmission.
• Low reverberation effect, due to its vertical directivity. Receive Triplet Array Features:
• Instantly resolves right/left ambiguity issue.
Active Frequencies: 2KhZ
Bandwidth: Wide bandwidth against reverberation effect
Pulse lengths: up to 8s
Pulse Modes: FM, CW and COMBO
Operational limits: Up to sea state 6
Operating depth: Up to 230m depth e.q. 110 m at 12 kts
Detection performance: Up to the first Convergence zone.