- Territorial waters and Economic Exclusive Zone surveillance
- Site surveillance: ports, oil & gas platforms, high-value sites...
- Policing missions
- Detection of asymmetric threats
- Low altitude surveillance (small airplanes, helicopters, ...)
This is what we see!
Validated data during on-site trials with a radar antenna elevation of 40 m and a Sea State 3.
(RCS : Radar Cross Section - ASL: Above Sea Level)
- The Coast Watcher 100 is built around a Modular Solid-State Transmitter permitting high performances and availability. It is associated with a COTS (PC) hardware-based processing allowing the best performance/cost ratio.
- The Kinematic Scan To Scan© signal processing technology of the algorithm, performs a precise filtering of all environmental clutters (including extreme weather conditions), allowing precise small target detection, discrimination and a low false alarm rate. It allows a very small target detection even in a harsh environment (rain, sea-state 5).It simply provides detection, where competitors are blind.
- · All Thales radars are developed out of a building block platform technology, permitting easy repair and upgrades.
Universal interfacing with existing systems
The Coast Watcher family is made of an open-architecture based on COTS elements, leading to a low-cost radar production and a universal interfacing with all existing systems in operation today. Moreover, this universal interfacing will allow you to perform an easy integration of your radar in a future larger system you might think of.
Solid-state technology allows a very high operational availability thanks to its graceful degradation. Combined with a new software processing developed for the last Thales defence radars, Coast Watcher 100 is only switched-off once per year for a preventive maintenance.
As a worldwide civil and defence radar leader, Thales provides to all his customers around the world a highly efficient and tailored support service, through his global network, allowing best capability and mission availability to our customers.
For any information on the Coast Watcher radars, please contact: