MEDIUM FREQUENCY ACTIVE AND PASSIVE HULL-MOUNTED SONAR (HMS) FOR MEDIUM PLATFORMS
High quality sonar with concurrent all-round anti-submarine warfare surveillance and self-protection to carry out escort, harassment and prosecution in littoral waters.
- High performance in littoral environment
Excellent performance against submarines particularly in harsh conditions such as littoral waters.
- Self-protection against multiple threats
ASW capability with simultaneous early torpedo warning.
Complementary underwater obstacle / Mine-like avoidance capability.
- Robust and easy to integrate
Few installation units / Light maintenance and support
- Cooperative asset
Accurate target positioning to prosecute and engage distant submarines with airborne assets.
Capable of multi-static operation with most current low frequency sonars in operation world-wide.
- Reduced operator workload
User-friendly, integrated Human Computer Interface.
Same look & feel as CAPTAS VDS for high interoperability.
- Mammals safe
Adjustable source level and noise monitoring for sea mammal protection.
- Low Life Cycle Cost
Large installed base and continuous evolutions for inherent customer’s long term support.
More than 150 Hull-Mounted Sonars sold by Thales Underwater Systems.
KINGKLIP has been selected by:
- South African Navy (Meko A200 class)
- Indonesian Navy (Sigma class)
- Royal Moroccan Navy (Sigma class)
- United Arab Emirates Navy (Abu Dhabi class)
KINGKLIP is particularly efficient to detect submarines in rough sea states and coastal/littoral waters, where difficult reverberation conditions prevail.
It complements a CAPTAS Variable Depth Sonar to provide good coverage above & below the thermal layer.
- Designed for medium size Surface Combatant
- Cylindrical array installed inside an acoustically transparent dome (keel mounted)
- ASW all-round surveillance
- Several transmit configurations allowing operation with two ships in the same area
- Integrated On-Board-Training capability
- Embedded bathythermograph & performance prediction function for sonar optimisation
• Comprehensive Built-in Test capability
- Can be operated either from CMS consoles or stand-alone
- Directional/sectorial transmission
- Underwater telephone capability
- Powerful ASW Sonar Suite when integrated with CAPTAS VDS and sonobuoys
Array (Weight/Height/Diameter): (1.4t / 0.7m / 1.2m)
Active frequency range: 5250 to 8000 Hz
Pulse types: Hyperbolic FM, CW and COMBO
Pulse length: 60 ms to 4 s
Range scale: 1 to 72 kYds
- ASW: all-round surveillance
- Obstacle Avoidance: ± 90° off the ship’s bow
FM bandwidth: Wide bandwidth (2 kHz) against reverberation effect
Passive frequency range: 1000 to 8000 Hz.
Passive functions: All around broadband surveillance, LOFAR, DEMON & audio channels