Passive Long Range Sonar
Long range passive detection, classification and localization of silent targets, in deep and littoral waters.
- Long range detection & localization
Taking full advantage of the physical aperture of the array (length x height).
- Excellent bearing resolution and bearing discrimination
Owing to the wide aperture of the array and the use of the Adaptive Beamforming.
- Low sensitivity to flow noise
Sustained performance proven at sea up to high operational speeds (> 15 Knots).
- Easy installation onboard, ideal for upgrades
Only requires to weld rails on the hull. Use of bolted clamping bows to secure the panels.
- Easy maintenance and low Life Cycle Cost
Simple install/un-install procedures.
High reliability enabling minimum maintenance.
Proven at sea with many NATO and non-NATO Navies, on new-built and upgrade programs (SSN, SSK, SSBN)
French Navy (all submarine Classes, 6 systems at sea + 6 ordered)
Another Asian Navy operating in equatorial/tropical environment (4)
Another South-American Navy operating in Pacific Ocean conditions (2)
A large installed base to build on world-wide operational and training experience.
TUS PFAS enables full use of the large available space on the flanks of the submarine to install acoustic arrays of maximum aperture (length x height). The use of Adaptive Beamforming provides a very efficient rejection of the own ship noise and flow noise, which increases detection and classification performances even at high operational speed. Excellent bearing resolution/discrimination also enable increased Target Motion Analysis performance.
A particular highlight of the TUS PFAS is its very reduced baffle which contributes to a large bearing coverage.
- For any type of mono-hull submarine
- Modular design: number of array panels driven by the hull length
- Stand-Alone or fully integrated in a Sonar Suite
- Fully proven at sea PVDF (polyvinylidene diflouride) Acoustic sensor technology
- Ultra Thin Panels: Depth < 70 mm
- Extended bandwidth possible if required
- Instant localisation due to long array and high bandwith
Typical Bandwidth up to 6400 Hz
Bearing Discrimination Better than 1° (sources with same SNR)
Bearing Accuracy Better than 0.5° (standard deviation)