LOW FREQUENCY ACTIVE AND PASSIVE BOW MOUNTED SONAR (BMS) FOR MEDIUM TO LARGE PLATFORMS
A high performance sonar that provides effective anti-submarine capability together with self-protection against torpedo threats and underwater obstacles in brown and blue waters.
- Large area coverage
Very long range detection in any environmental condition, complementary asset to CAPTAS Variable Depth Sonar.
Detects up to Convergence Zone in the Mediterranean and uses Bottom Bounce propagation.
- Self-protection against multiple threats
Permanent self-protection against incoming torpedoes.
Complementary underwater obstacle/mine-like avoidance capability.
- Cooperative asset
Excellent target positioning allowing to prosecute and engage distant submarines with organic weapons or airborne assets.
Capable of multi-static operation with most current low frequency active sonar in operation world-wide.
- Reduced operator workload
Manned by a single operator. Same Human Computer Interface look & feel as CAPTAS VDS for high interoperability.
- State-of-the-art sonar
Enhanced performance, robustness and reliability thanks to spiral technological update and new transducers.
- Mammals safe
Adjustable source level & noise monitoring for mammal protection.
Twenty-five UMS 4110 sonars have already been ordered.
Stable & continuous production, beyond the 2020’s: Long lead production that warrants systematic upgrades, evolutions, and long term support.
UMS 4110 has been selected by:
French Navy (F70, Horizon & FREMM frigates)
Italian Navy (Horizon and FREMM frigates)
Royal Moroccan Navy (FREMM frigate)
The UMS 4110 is a particularly efficient Bow Mounted Sonar operating at low frequency thus exhibiting long range bottom bounce or even Convergence Zone detection.
Providing excellent coverage above the thermal layer, the UMS 4110 sonar ideally complements a CAPTAS-2 or CAPTAS-4 Variable Depth Sonar to form an unrivalled deterrent ASW sonar suite.
- Designed for medium to large size surface combatant
- Very high source level at relatively low frequency
- Provides ASW all-round surveillance
- Several transmit configurations, allowing operation with two ships in the same area
- Integrated On-Board-Training capability
- Performance prediction function for sonar optimisation
- Comprehensive built-in test capability
- Operated either from CMS consoles or stand-alone
- Optional underwater telephone capability
- Most powerful ASW sonar suite when integrated with CAPTAS Variable Depth Sonar
Active frequency range: 4600 to 6100 Hz
Pulse types: Hyperbolic FM, CW and COMBO
Pulse length: 60 ms to 4 s
Range scale: Up to 72 kYds
- ASW: 360°, Omni-directional
- Obstacle Avoidance: ± 90° off the ship’s bow
Wide HFM bandwidth: 2000 Hz, against reverberation effect
Passive frequency range: 4200 to 6100 Hz. (when no active transmission allowed)
Passive functions: All around broadband surveillance, LOFAR, DEMON & audio channels