Local Controls by S3NS is now available: the cloud, with enhanced security and control for the French public and private sector
- S3NS, the company formed through a partnership between Thales and Google Cloud, is making its first solution available as planned on February 1 to French organizations in the public and private sectors looking for a public cloud offering with local control capabilities.
- “Local controls by S3NS” aims to simplify operations and increase customers’ trust in the cloud by offering data localization in the EU, cryptographic control over data access managed by S3NS, European technical support, and increased transparency, automation, audit and security guarantees with the same level of performance provided by Google Cloud technology.
S3NS, the company formed through a partnership between Thales and Google Cloud, controlled by Thales and operating under French law, announces the general availability of “Local Controls by S3NS”, a new public cloud offering for organizations in the French public and private sector.
Local Controls by S3NS aims to simplify operations and increase customers’ trust in the cloud by:
- Allowing French institutions and companies to control the location of their data at rest, restricting it to the EU and France.
- Offering cryptographic control over data access managed and operated by S3NS.
- Ensuring that support personnel reside in Europe to meet compliance requirements without making any compromise on the level and quality of support.
- Providing transparency, verifiable approval mechanisms, and auditability of administrative activity.
While this new offering does not aim to obtain ANSSI’S SecNumCloud certification, it allows organizations to begin their transition to the cloud. S3NS continues to work towards the goal of offering French public institutions and private sector companies Google Cloud’s services and innovation with enhanced security and control capabilities.
“S3NS shows that complementing a cloud hyperscaler’s services with additional security guarantees and operations from a European cybersecurity leader can deliver a solution to help address French organizations’ need for increased control and transparency in the cloud. Local Controls by S3NS is a significant step. In addition, we are determined to continue our operational and technical development with our ultimate objective of the SecNumCloud certification for forthcoming offerings ” says Cyprien Falque, General Manager of S3NS.
“Local Controls by S3NS is the result of close collaboration between the S3NS, Thales and Google Cloud teams to meet demands in the French market for increased control over public cloud services. It’s the first example of delivery on our joint commitments and shared objectives to offer the best of Google Cloud’s technologies in France,” explains Celine Heller, Head of Digital Sovereignty at Google Cloud in France.
S3NS continues to rapidly grow operations and is actively expanding its corps of engineers and experts in cybersecurity and cloud computing in 2023. The company works alongside a rich ecosystem of integrator partners and independent software vendors to provide customers with complementary services and solutions.
S3NS is the joint company of Thales, a French leader in cybersecurity in Europe, and Google Cloud, a global leader in cloud technology. S3NS aims to provide French public institutions and private companies public cloud offerings that are highly secure, enabling them to transition to the cloud de confiance that will meet the criteria of ANSSI's SecNumCloud label. S3NS operates under French law and is controlled by Thales.