2016 Full-Year results
Thales’s Board of Directors (Euronext Paris: HO) met on 27 February 2017 to close the 2016 financial statements (1)
Patrice Caine, Chairman & Chief Executive Officer, stated: “2016 represents another successful milestone for our profitable growth strategy. The order intake remained at a high level, outperforming sales for the fourth year in a row. Organic sales grew by 6.8%, with all of our businesses contributing to this performance, and profitability continued to increase in line with our medium-term targets. At the same time, we have increased our investments in innovation, digital transformation and talent development.”
He added: “On behalf of the Board of Directors, I would like to thank all of our teams for their commitment in support of the Ambition 10 strategy. Their implication enables Thales to drive a deep transformation that will foster profitable and sustainable growth.”
- Order intake: €16.5 billion, down 13%
- Sales: €14.9 billion, up 6.8% on an organic basis (2)
- EBIT (3): €1,354 million, up 11% (up 15% on an organic basis)
- Adjusted net income, Group share (3): €897 million, up 11%
- Consolidated net income, Group share: €946 million, up 24%
- Free operating cash flow (3): €954 million, 106% of adjusted net income
- Dividend (4) up 18% to €1.60
- 2017 objectives: Mid-single digit organic sales growth.
- EBIT between €1,480 and €1,500 million
|In € millions, except earnings per share and dividend (in €)||2016||2015||Total change||Organic change|
|Order book at end of period||33,530||32,292||+4%||+5%|
|in % of sales||9.1%||8.6%||+0.5pts||+0.6pts|
|Adjusted net income, Group share (2)||897||809||+11%|
|Consolidated net income, Group share||946||765||+24%|
|Adjusted net income, Group share, per share (2)||4.25||3.89||+9%|
|Dividend per share (4)||1.60||1.36||+18%|
|Free operating cash flow (2)||954||1,110||-14%|
|Net cash at end of period||2,366||1,978||+20%|
We are pleased to invite you to participate in our conference call in English:
Tuesday, 28 February 2016 at 8:30 am (CET)
Dial-in number from France: + 33 (0) 1 70 77 09 40
International dial-in number: + 44 (0) 203 043 24 41
It will be also possible to follow the conference call through a webcast by using the following link: http://edge.media-server.com/m/p/ffqqari8
If you are unable to listen to the call live, a digital replay will be available a few hours after the end of the conference call and will remain available for 90 days. To access the replay, please dial +33 (0) 1 72 00 15 00 or +44 (0) 203 367 94 60 (code 306050#).
(1) At the date of this press release, the audit procedures have been completed and the Statutory Auditors' report was in the process of being issued.
(2) In this press release, "organic" means on a constant scope and exchange rate basis.
(3) Non-GAAP measures, see definitions in the Appendices to the press release, page 10. The definitions of EBIT and adjusted net income were adjusted as of 1 January 2016 to exclude expenses recognised in income from operations that are directly attributable to business combinations. These adjustments impacted 2016 EBIT in an amount of €19 million and 2016 adjusted net income in an amount of €12 million (nil in 2015).
(4) Proposed to the Shareholders' Meeting on 17 May 2017.