Thales ensures security for both of Oman’s international airports
An integrated, complete and scalable solutionThe Sultanate of Oman has two international airports : one in Muscat, the capital, the other in Salalah, the country’s second largest city. The Ministry of Transportation and Communications has retained Thales to take care of all security issues at both airports. The company was asked to meet three requirements:
- A complete and integrated security system, linking all technologies required to ensure safety for both people and infrastructures;
- Operational interconnection between the airports’ platforms;
- An open and scalable system, allowing for the experimentation of new technologies.
As world leader in airport security, Thales has all the expertise to meet these needs.
Airport security from A to ZFor each airport, the integrated solution deployed by Thales includes the following devices:
- Videoprotection networks;
- Intrusion detection system;
- Access control and checkpoint network;
- Centralized data management system.
A common hub has been set up to connect both platforms and ensure true interoperability between security systems.
Thales also trains operators and develops new technologies and procedures to improve airport efficiency and anticipate their growth.