● Google’s new Google Workspace Client-side encryption (beta coming soon) enables end-users to keep ownership of encryption keys and access security with the support of Thales
● New capabilities by Thales provide enterprises with tools to manage how their keys are used and accessed and protect the identities of end users accessing Google Workspace
Zurich, June 11, 2021 – As prime contractor for the construction of Telesat’s Lightspeed constellation, Thales Alenia Space, a joint venture between Thales (Euronext Paris: HO) (67%) and Leonardo (Milan stock exchange: LDO) (33%), is announcing today that the Optical Inter Satellite Links (OISL) on-board the Lightspeed satellites will be its advanced Optel-C product. Optical Inter Satellite Links will allow Lightspeed to provide global, mesh coverage around the world, including above the oceans and poles, with a high level of security for end-to-end services. Their use will optimize the ground segment with a lower number of gateway sites, more freedom on gateway locations, and the ability to deploy gateways incrementally as system loading increases. The initial Lightspeed space segment will be comprised of 298 satellites. Telesat’s constellation satellites will deliver multiple terabits per second across the globe for secure, low-latency, high-performing broadband professional services.
Cannes, June 9, 2021 – Philippe Baptiste, President of French space agency (CNES), accompanied by Lionel Suchet, the agency’s Chief Operating Officer, today visited Thales Alenia Space’s plant in Cannes, France, where they were welcomed by Hervé Derrey, President and Chief Executive Officer of Thales Alenia Space.
• Breakthrough connectivity solution greatly simplifies and digitalises the IoT journey allowing ‘empty’ eSIMs to be personalised with chosen mobile operator credentials in factory or in the field at first power-on
• The award-winning solution combines a Cinterion® IoT Module, an IoT eSIM, and the Connectivity Activation services integrated with existing mobile operator infrastructure
• Solution can help reduce Total Cost of Ownership by more than 30%