5G is the future looking technology supporting railway infrastructure managers and operators in providing the best services to their customer in a leaner, greener and smarter way.
Thales’s 5G-based solution consolidates multiple services delivery under a single network umbrella to:
- Transform and enhance the operation and the performance of applications such as signalling, video security or passenger information.
- Pave the way for the introduction of new innovative services enabling smart mobility and multimodal transport systems.
Thales’ approach to 5G-based Comms for Railway Operations:
Thales Transport designs and implements cyber-secured
5G-based infrastructures, tailored for Railway Operations.
Pre-integrated prior to deployment to ensure a safe and smooth
integration, they guarantee performance and reliability for all
operational services across the network, from non-critical to
- Operational end-to-end integration
- Optimised infrastructures and reduced costs
- Better performance for applications
- Increased passenger security & comfort
- Quicker digitalisation
- Enhanced cybersecurity
Enabling tomorrow’s Transport
- Secured Train Autonomy and Remote Control & Supervision
- Real-time on-board/wayside HD video transmission
- Instant on-board/wayside passenger information synchronisation
- Smart Maintenance