The London Underground is the world's oldest underground rail system. Updating it to meet the demands of the 21st century means more than just replacing trains and rails.
Millions of critical decisions are made everyday in aerospace. Thales is at the heart of this. Two out of every three planes around the world are landing and taking off with the help of Thales.
Millions of critical decisions are made every day in defence to protect people, infrastructure and nations. Thales is at the heart of this.
National security, urban security, critical infrastructure protection, cybersecurity…. Everywhere it matters, we deliver.
Space systems play a vital role in modern societies, particularly for telecommunications, Earth observation (radar and optical), satellite navigation and deep-space exploration.
The ability to run networks smoothly and efficiently is crucial to economic growth and quality of life. We design, develop, and deliver equipment, systems and services, providing end-to-end solutions.
- From the protection of critical infrastructure to information in cyberspace, and point-of-sale purchases to international financial transactions, Thales is helping organizations everywhere meet the challenges of a complex digital age.
- It’s no secret that the Internet, social networks and smart phones have disrupted markets and changed the way people communicate worldwide. The global adoption of these technologies has been breathtaking. There are 3.4 billion Internet users worldwide and 2 billion people on social networks.
Latest Press Releases
- Pierre Lipsky, 47, has been named Director of Thales Alenia Space’s Cannes plant. He succeeds Jean-Michel Capelli.
Build your career with Thales
Close the description
Regular Employment - United States of AmericaAt Thales, we believe technology can make the world a better place. For us this is more than a job, it’s our passion. Together with our customers and partners around the globe we are working to build smarter solutions because everywhere it matters we deliver.Being a global leader in the aerospace, defense, security, space and transportation markets takes a special kind of knowhow. That is why we rely on our people to help us master the most complex environments for our customers. Employing more than 61,000 people in 56 countries we bring people together to ensure safety and security everywhere it matters.In the U.S. aerospace market we are known as a leading innovator in what we do. We continue to showcase our world-class expertise in on-board electronics, air traffic management, in-flight entertainment and connectivity, airports and critical security systems so that our customers can meet the demands they face.What does it take to develop a world-class entertainment system 30,000 feet in the air? The Thales In-Flight Entertainment and Connectivity (IFEC) product offers an end-to-end solution that supports our customers before, during and after the flight. Thales supplies 40% of the world’s IFE systems and is committed to becoming the industry leader. Trusted by over 100 airline companies and used by over 200 million passengers a year, Thales’ InFlyt Experience team powers the innovation, vision and brilliance needed to deliver a first-class solution.We are currently looking for a Principal Software Engineer – Project Lead to join the Thales IFEC team in Irvine, California.Thales is looking for a Principal Software Engineer – Project Lead (SPL) will lead the software efforts of the company’s In Flight Entertainment (IFE) product suite. This individual will be responsible for planning, scheduling, monitoring and delivering all software tasks within the software organization. The SPL will develop a Software Development Plan (SDP) for each program, and will drive and monitor the assigned software resources, both internal and subcontractors- making sure they adhere to the plan and execute within the budget and schedule constraints agreed upon by the program management team. This individual will be responsible for estimating work to go, effort involved and resource needs. The SPL must maintain project metrics, program risks, lessons learned and present this information to the Software Project Lead Manager and the Software Director on a monthly basis in a format that conforms to Thales standards. This is a tactical position that requires both technical leadership skills and administrative leadership skills.Key Responsibilities:• Plan, coordinate and organize the project to completion; utilization of schedules to organize and understand project tasks and management of tasks throughout the software development lifecycle phases.• Identify and resolve potential problems before they occur and minimizing the impact to schedule and cost; Track issues, mitigate risks and provide corrective action plans• Create and track progress of software development project schedules for Thales IFE systems.• Develop estimates and determine estimates to complete for project scope.• Track progress and monitor assigned resources to ensure project milestones and budget are met.• Perform project coordination with software managers and organizations outside of software.• Strong communication and activity reporting required supporting Thales program management function in delivering on time to customer.• Ensure consistency of development activity and deliverables from internal and external resources, including adherence to Thales process and procedures.Skills and Experience:• Bachelor's degree (B. S.) from four-year college or university in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related field and 10+ years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.• Experience managing and leading software projects including coordination with organizations outside software.• Experience with creating and managing detailed software schedules and tracking progress.• Experience in IFE or avionics/electronic software development a plus.• Hands on experience as a software developer, software testing or software architect (5 years).• Very good knowledge of Linux required. Android systems experience a plus.• Proven experience with Risk Management (including defining, mitigating, tracking).• Experience managing a budget and tracking milestones.• Very good knowledge of all phases of software development lifecycle: requirements analysis, technical design, implementation, code review, testing and release.• Self –motivated, critical thinker with strong technical background.• Minimum of 5 years’ experience leading software projects.• Experience leading a software team of at least 5 engineers.Your contributions to Thales’ cutting-edge products make possible the continued deliverance of excellence and hundreds of millions of satisfied passengers throughout the world. If your skills, experience and attitude match the above and you are looking for exciting challenges, please apply now using the link below and we will be in touch.At Thales USA, we provide careers – not jobs.Visit https://www.thalesgroup.com/careers to find our full list of open positions.Thales is an Equal Opportunity Employer/AA/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled
Close the description
Regular Employment -QUI SOMMES-NOUS ?Rejoignez Thales, leader mondial des technologies de sûreté et de sécurité pour les marchés de l’Aérospatial, du Transport, de la Défense et de la Sécurité. Fort de 62 000 collaborateurs dans 56 pays, le Groupe bénéficie d’une implantation internationale qui lui permet d’agir au plus près de ses clients, partout dans le monde.TDA, filiale du groupe Thales, conçoit et réalise des équipements assurant la sûreté des dispositifs militaires au sol, la protection dynamique des troupes et des plateformes mobiles, ainsi que le traitement adapté, précis et proportionné des différents types de menaces.La Direction/L’Équipe [DIRECTION/EQUIPE] recherche un/une [TITRE DU POSTE] (H/F)Basé(e) à La Ferté-Saint-Aubin.Le site de la Ferté Saint Aubin concentre les activités industrielles et pyrotechniques. TDA fabrique des mortiers de 81 et 120 mm Rayés/Tractés ou Rayés/Embarqués et leurs munitions, ainsi que le Système de roquettes à induction, équipant l’hélicoptère TIGRE. Proposant le SYstème de PROtection PÉrimétrique (SYPROPE), TDA développe la protection active des plateformes.QUI ETES-VOUS ?
De formation ingénieur généraliste ou équivalent avec une dominante dans le management du système qualité et le pilotage d’actions d’amélioration, vous avez une expérience professionnelle réussie d'au moins 5 à 10 ans dans le domaine industriel.
Votre qualité relationnelle, votre esprit d'analyse et de synthèse, votre sens de la communication, votre goût pour le travail en équipe, votre capacité à travailler en transverse sont vos principaux atouts pour réussir à ce poste, votre rigueur, votre maîtrise de l'anglais et votre culture du résultat sont des atouts indispensables pour la tenue de ce poste.
Connaissance du référentiel Thales (Chorus) fortement souhaitée.CE QUE NOUS POUVONS ACCOMPLIR ENSEMBLE :Au sein de la Direction de l’Assurance Qualité, nous recherchons notre DIRECTEUR QUALITE & AMELIORATION CONTINUE. Vous serez en charge de réaliser les actions liées aux plans de progrès de TDA et coacher l’équipe opérationnelle pour déployer le niveau de maturité interne, tout en garantissant la satisfaction des clients.
Votre mission sera :
- De déployer la politique qualité du Groupe et en définir les compléments et ajustements dans le système de management qualité de TDA, en contrôlant son implémentation et son pilotage dans l’atteinte des objectifs associés
- Assurer la mise en œuvre de la Politique Qualité du Groupe dans les domaines d’application : amélioration du niveau de maturité de TDA, système de management, assurance qualité et satisfaction client
- Assurer les missions d’assurance de la qualité, veiller en particulier à ce que les produits et services fournis aux clients répondent à leurs attentes, tout en étant conformes aux normes et réglementations
- Définir et challenger le pilotage des opérations de progrès ou de conduite du changement en apportant un support méthodologique
- Animer l’équipe : partage de l’information, diagnostic des situations, support de l’équipe et plans d’actions collectifs opérationnels
- Apporter le support opérationnel auprès des différents Domaines et Services de l’entreprise
- Etre le référent de TDA auprès du Groupe : interface Groupe, enquête de satisfaction clients, etc….
En transverse, vous aurez un lien fonctionnel avec les équipes projets, les responsables de programmes (PM), les ateliers de production, les supports de production, les équipes de développements.
En management direct, vous piloterez une équipe expérimentée de 5 personnes
Membre du COMEX de TDA, le Directeur Qualité a un rôle clé à jouer pour accompagner TDA dans le développement d’une culture interne d’exigence qualité accrue.
Close the description
Regular Employment - United Kingdom
AQUILA Air Traffic Management Services is a partnership between NATS,a leading UK air navigation services specialist and Thales, a driving force in UK and global air traffic management. Together, we are deploying our expert knowledge to improve military air traffic management in the UK. It’s a transformational project named Project Marshall, which, will deliver ongoing service efficiency savings for UK military terminal air traffic services throughout the 22 year life of the programme.
Join AQUILA as a Commercial Manager where you will be responsible for supporting and developing the aims and objectives of the commercial function in direct support of the business management leads. Working on own initiative, the role holder will oversee the contractual affairs of designated areas within the business unit throughout the entire Project Life-Cycle, encompassing management of key elements of the existing contract, commercial control whilst bidding for contract changes, subsequent negotiation and closure opportunities of higher value and/or complexity.
- To lead and/or carry out the following activities in respect of elements of the Marshall contract and drive to closure changes of significant size and/or complexity autonomously:
- Serve as a focal point of contact for Aquila business managers and the customer regarding contractual matters by establishing good relationships and communications.
- Generate the Commercial Response of proposed contract amendment in accordance with the agreed strategy and customer requirement
- Assist the Bid Managers to generate Proposal Documentation (statement of work, Risk Register and Executive Summary) matched to Customer requirements
- Submission of proposals
- Ensure that proposals to customer are priced, developed and approved in accordance with company procedures
- Support the development and implementation of the negotiation strategy, including payment profiles and associated terms to meet the cash flow requirements of the business.
- Ensure a robust Contract Baseline is established and maintained, including contractual changes.
- Provide guidance on compliance to terms and conditions, identifying the flow down of such terms and conditions and supporting the assessment of ‘supply chain gap analysis’.
- Assist the Sub Contract Management function by supporting subcontract negotiations as required.
- Identification of potential liabilities, risks, issues and disputes, arising with customers, suppliers, partners and third parties, and produce innovative mitigation plans.
- Maintain contractual records, documentation of key correspondence, status and issue reports etc.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills
- Degree Qualified (or equivilent)
- Relevant professional qualification e.g. CIPS / IACCM (desirable)
- Detailed working knowledge of defence contracting and/or civil/commercial aerospace contracting.
- Proven track record on successful commercial proposal preparation and negotiation.
- Drafting and negotiation of complex contracts and agreements.
- Comprehensive understanding of commercial risks and issues.
- Strong interpersonal and verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to identify and implement change within the commercial function and to support/lead the change process to improve effectiveness of the business and/or commercial function.
- Ability to interface well and influence effectively at senior management internally and externally with customers, partners and suppliers.
- Business aware and customer oriented with organisation and commercial awareness.
- Effective stakeholder engagement skills both internally and externally.
- Manages time effectively within an environment of changing priorities.
Will need to be mobile/flexible enough to visit other sites both in the UK and internationally at short notice.
Close the description