Come and discover Thales at InnoTrans, the leading international trade fair for transport technology. Enter one of our immersive rooms to discover our entire portfolio of systems, solutions and references for main line rail and urban transport on our interactive digital wall.
FlytLIVE by Thales, a simple and seamless connectivity solution for airlines
To meet the needs of a growing market, SES will procure a new satellite specifically designed for the needs of FlytLIVE and manufactured by Thales Alenia Space to be launched in 2020.
Paving the way in Unmanned Aircraft Systems
As a leader in the fast growing market of Unmanned Aircraft Systems, Thales has over 40 years of experience in Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance innovation on which we have built our Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) systems and services.
The ability to run networks smoothly and efficiently is crucial to economic growth and quality of life. We design, develop, and deliver equipment, systems and services, providing end-to-end solutions.
Unmanned and ready vehicles
Unmanned vehicles have already proven their use in the battlefield and are beginning to show potential in civilian circumstances as well. But is the day coming when they’re not just unmanned but operating entirely on their own?
- The unmanned aerial systems for civil and military purposes are well known under many names: drones, unmanned aerial vehicles (UAV) or remotely piloted air systems (RPA). Thales has over 40 years of experience in Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance innovation.
- As a leader in the fast growing market of Unmanned Aircraft Systems, Thales has over 40 years of experience in Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance innovation on which we have built our Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) systems and services.
Latest Press Releases
- Thales and IIT Delhi intend to facilitate scientific collaboration between Indian and French laboratories and boost industrial research by strengthening industry-academia relations.
Thales Group statement in reference to Arnaud Montebourg's letter to Michel Sapin, Minister of the Economy and FinanceContrary to statements by Mr Arnaud Montebourg, Thales has never had any intention of selling or merging its rail signalling business. Quite the reverse is true: Thales intends to develop this rail signalling activity and to make it the world market leader as one of core businesses of the Group.
Build your career with Thales
Regular Employment - SingaporeTHALES
With operations in 50 countries and 68000 employees, Thales is a world leader in mission-critical information systems for defence and security, aerospace and transportation.
Building on its expertise in the most sophisticated technologies and large-scale software systems, Thales is stepping up to the security challenges of its customers in an increasingly complex world. Leveraging its international operations and spanning the entire value chain from equipment to systems and services, Thales is playing a pivotal role in making the world a safer place.HSE Officer21 Changi North Rise
Roles & Responsibilities:
• Ensure compliance to legislations, ISO14001 and OHSAS18001
• Maintain compliance/conformance for all certificates and approvals
• Advise Company on all matters pertaining to safety / health issues i.e. compliance with Singapore legislations (Workplace Safety & Health Act, etc.)
• Ensure safety standards are maintained and continually seek ways to improve safety standards
• Plan and implement safety / health training, programmes and promotional activities (e.g. inspections, campaigns and competitions) that will improve safety / health competencies and awareness
• Conduct and manage monthly HSE Committee Meetings
• Investigate and report all reportable accidents: internally to relevant persons and externally to the relevant authorities
• Brief and instruct sub-contractors on safety / health procedures and instructions that they and their employees are required to comply with
• Lead the Company Emergency Response Team
• Manage/ensure operational compliance
• Diploma / Degree in Health, Safety and Environmental or relevant disciplines
• Minimum 3 years of experience in similar position
• Must be registered with Ministry of Manpower (MOM) as Workplace Safety and Health Officer (WSHO)
• Must be registered with National Environment Agency (NEA) as Environment Control Officer(ECO)
• Experience as ISO14001, OHSAS18001 internal auditor
• Experience in driving and maintaining effective safety management systems, working in a project environment and working directly with subcontractors
• Experience working in a multi-cultural and international environment
• Experience in the urban rail environment, specifically mechanical & electrical (M&E) projects
• Knowledge in Workplace Safety & Health Act, Building & Construction Authority, Land Transport Authority, MOM and NEA requirements
• Independent, team player and self-starter
• Good leadership, oral and written communication skills
• Able to perform shift workFor interested candidates, please submit your application to us online with your comprehensive resume stating your current and expected salary.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Close the description
Regular Employment - Australia
Whenever critical decisions need to be made, Thales has a role to play. Thales in Australia is part of a leading international electronics and systems group serving the defence, aerospace and space, security and transport markets in Australia and throughout the world. Our expertise ranges across protected mobility vehicles and integrated communications solutions for defence through to security solutions and systems integration for the commercial sector.
The Thales Protected Vehicles team develop specialised products to meet specific requirements not catered for elsewhere. Our manufacturing, engineering and design operations are based in Bendigo, Victoria and we also have a major support facility in Brisbane, Queensland. Our products include the Bushmaster protected mobility vehicle, the recently developed Hawkei, survivability enhancement kits, engineering support services and vehicle maintenance and repairs.
We currently have a senior opportunity available for a passionate HSE Manager to drive and optimise the HSE function within the Protected Vehicles business. Together with your HSE team, you will play a key role in championing HSE initiatives and providing end-to-end policy, systems and services to the site. You will actively partner with the management team and all departments on site to promote and improve HSE performance and develop strategies that reflect a postive HSE culture. Taking a visual leadership approach, you will be responsible for:
This is a role for an active change agent willing to engage the entire team and challenge for progress - someone who wants to have a visible presence across all areas of the site. This is a challenging and professionally rewarding opportunity that will allow you to really make your mark in a global organisation that is committed to excellence. You will have the support you need from the Operations Manager, the General Manager and the Corporate HSE team to achieve what needs to be achieved.
- Providing expert advice and guidance which aligns with our desired HSE culture and values
- Developing and promoting HSE targets and objectives for the site
- Identifying issues and trends in HSE performance and recommending appropriate action plans
- Implementing Corporate strategy, management systems and improvement plans
- Partnering with business leaders to ensure compliance with the HSE management system, accreditation and legislation requirements
- Ensuring the appropriate reporting and investigation of all hazards, incidents and injuries
- Leading or participating in internal HSE audits
- Managing and developing your team through mentoring, support and guidance.
As an experienced HSE Manager you possess extensive knowledge of HSE practices, standards and statutory requirements which you have gained in a manufacturing/automotive/engineering or other high risk environment. You have relevant qualifications/training in HSE, and a genuine desire to coach and develop others by sharing your skills and knowledge. You are collaborative by nature and can successfully engage and influence key stakeholders to share your passion for safety.
Thales Australia offers a rewarding salary package, attractive benefits and provides you with the resources to succeed.
Special Requirements: Must be an Australian Citizen to be eligible for a Defence Security Clearance and access information covered by the International Traffic in Arms Regulations.Be part of something big – apply now to showcase your skills and join the team. Please click on "Apply" to submit your cover letter and CV.
Together. Safer. Everywhere.
Close the description
Regular Employment -
Established in 1972, Thales Canada is a leading electronic solutions provider for the Transportation, Defence & Security, and Aerospace sectors. Thales Canada employs staff across main sites located in Montreal, Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto and Vancouver.
If you have a passion for innovation and are interested in joining a dynamic, fast-paced team, Thales may be the right fit for you. Currently, we have an opening for a/an:
Position Title: Intermediate Systems Engineer
Department: Defense and Security
Perform System Engineering activities for bids, contracts and products in the military / civilian markets for domestic / international customers.
- Analyze, develop, define and trace systems requirements.
- Assist with creating high-level conceptual designs, innovative, scalable, and adaptive solutions to complex systems.
- Specify the integration of COTS and original design modules in a multi-disciplinary environment (mechanical, electronic, and software).
- Specify Interface Control Documents (ICDs) between system components.
- Support systems studies and analyses.
- Conduct trade studies and engineering budgets (power, weight, design margin, etc.)
- Identify risks, write risk statements, and prepare risk mitigation strategies.
- Analyze and track baseline changes.
- Estimate work packages.
- Design, implement and execute system test cases. Analyze and evaluate test results.
- Develop technical specifications for suppliers and subcontractors. Identify potential suppliers. Monitor supplier performance.
- Analyze and simulate performance.
Key Skills and Qualifications:
BEng or equivalent
3 years practical engineering experience
Expertise in at least two of the following areas:
· Data Communications
· IP Networking
· Voice Communications
· Wireless System Design
· Satellite Systems
· Intel/Surveillance/Reconn (ISR)
· Command & Control (C2)
· Electronic Warfare
· Navigation Systems
· Remote Control & Monitoring
· EMC/EMI/TEMPEST (MIL-STD 461/IEC 60533)
· Human Engineering (MIL-STD 1472)
· Environment Qual (MIL-STD 810/IEC 60945)
· IACS/IMO based designs
· Commercial Marine Systems
Please note to be eligible for this position you must be able to obtain Controlled Goods assessment and NATO Secret level II clearance.
If this opportunity interests you, please visit www.thalesgroup.com/careers/ and apply using our online application tool. Thales thanks all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Thales is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace and welcomes applicants from the four designated groups (women, persons with disabilities, visible minorities, and aboriginals) to apply for employment. At Thales, we provide accessibility to people with disabilities. Should you require accommodations, please consult with your recruitment office and they will work with you to make any adjustments that best suit your individual needs. Should you wish to view a copy of our policy click here.
Close the description
Regular Employment -At Thales, we believe technology can make the world a better place. For us this is more than a job, it’s our passion. Together with our customers and partners around the globe we are working to build smarter solutions because everywhere it matters we deliver.Being a global leader in the aerospace, defense, security, space and transportation markets takes a special kind of know how. That is why we rely on our people to help us master the most complex environments for our customers. Employing more than 61,000 people in 56 countries we bring people together to ensure safety and security everywhere it matters.In the U.S. aerospace market we are known as a leading innovator in what we do. We continue to showcase our world-class expertise in on-board electronics, air traffic management, in-flight entertainment and connectivity, airports and critical security systems so that our customers can meet the demands they face.What does it take to develop a world-class entertainment system 30,000 feet in the air? The Thales In-Flight Entertainment and Connectivity (IFEC) product offers an end-to-end solution that supports our customers before, during and after the flight. Thales supplies 40% of the world’s IFE systems and is committed to becoming the industry leader. Trusted by over 100 airline companies and used by over 200 million passengers a year, Thales’ InFlyt Experience team powers the innovation, vision and brilliance needed to deliver a first-class solution.We are currently looking for a Software Engineer, UX Qt to join the Thales IFEC team in Irvine, California.The Software Engineer, UX Qt will help design and implement the company's In Flight Entertainment (IFE) product suite. The ideal candidate should have a good working knowledge of GUI development, preferably using the Qt framework. Experience in developing on the Linux platform. Candidate must have experience in software architecture design and working knowledge of software design patterns. Experience with Java and Android application development is highly desired. Touchscreen technology experience preferred.Candidates must be receptive to learning new skills in developing software and testing methodologies.Key Responsibilities:
Skills and Experience:
- Participate in an Agile SCRUM team to perform technical planning and execution for the development of the software.
- Support all phases of development and is responsible for the GUI application through its entire life cycle, include implementation, software integration, working to make sure the GUI passes validation testing, and sustaining the GUI after.
- Responsible for reporting development status and estimated workload for planning purposes.
Your contributions to Thales’ cutting-edge products make possible the continued deliverance of excellence and hundreds of millions of satisfied passengers throughout the world. If your skills, experience and attitude match the above and you are looking for exciting challenges, please apply now using the link below and we will be in touch.At Thales USA, we provide careers – not jobs.Visit https://www.thalesgroup.com/careers to find our full list of open positions.Thales is an Equal Opportunity Employer/AA/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university in Computer Science or related field.
- Experience with Qt and QML UI Development
- Experience with C++
- Comfortable with Linux command line usage
- Experience in designing and creating software GUI applications, libraries, and APIs
- Understanding of Object Oriented Programming concepts and design patterns
- Knowledge of all phases of software development life cycle: requirements analysis, technical design, implementation, code review, testing, and release
- Familiar with unit and functional testing
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated, critical thinker with strong technical background.
- GIT source control experience is highly desired
- Agile SCRUM experience is highly desired
- Experience with Android development is highly desired
Close the description
Latest images & Videos
- Image Free
Ground Master 400 radar in operational situation. Ground Master 400 (GM 400)...Photo 005205 01
- Image Free
Pilot fitted with TopOwl-H helmet-mounted sight/ display on board of ALAT ...Photo 005373 01
- Image Free
CONTROLView is a versatile Command & Control solution to significantly...Photo 014273 01
- Image Free
Outside view of the TRT (Thales Research & Technology) site, in Palaiseau...Photo 003646 01
- Image Free
Employee in Molecular Beam Epitaxy (MBE) chamber for growth of multilayer...Photo 003652 01
- Image Free
Thales employees setting up RBE2 radar AESA antenna on a Rafale, at Dassault...Photo 005393 01
- Image Free
Simulation sphere of Nimrod MRA4 flight simulator at RAF Kinloss base in...Photo 005469 01
- Image Free
Rafale at Dassault Aviation (HM1), at Istres Air base on december 11, 2008....Photo 005569 01
- Image Free
Rafale at Dassault Aviation (HM1), at Istres Air base on december 11, 2008....Photo 005580 01