• The Belgium Federal Public Service Foreign Affairs (BUZA) renewed its contract with the consortium including Zetes and Thales for the issuance of highly secure ePassports to Belgian citizens.
• The new passport produced by Thales will be completely redesigned including a data page made of 100% polycarbonate.
• The contract will last for seven years, during which time Thales is expected to deliver an average of 550,000 passports a year.
While the ExoMars* program may seem like science fiction to some of you, it’s about to head for the planet Mars on its second mission. The entire spacecraft, comprising the carrier and descent modules, the landing platform and ESA’s new rover, is scheduled for a 2022 launch. Our valorous vessel is set for a voyage through the Solar System of nearly 500 million kilometers before it can send the landing platform down to Mars.
• China Eastern Airlines has selected to retrofit its 203 B737 aircraft with the Thales/ACSS NXT-800 DO-260B compliant transponders to meet the requirements of the CAAC ADS-B Out mandate.
• China Eastern Airlines is the first carrier in mainland China to select the Thales/ACSS NXT-800 transponder offered as a certified inter-mix retrofit solution through the Boeing Service Bulletin, resulting in substantial cost savings.
• Thales/ACSS are the first certified DO-260B equipment providers in mainland China, and around the world. Today, the NXT-800 transponders are installed on more than 4,000 wide- and narrow-body aircraft worldwide, exemplifying their expertise in surveillance technologies.
The AUSA Now: Annual Meeting & Exposition will be held virtually. The event is the largest land power exposition and professional development forum in North America, designed to deliver the Army’s message by highlighting the capabilities of organizations and presenting a wide range of industry products and services.