Sessions will explore strategies on decluttering orbiting space debris, the latest advancements and considerations for SDA and EO for civil and defence purposes, NASA's Artemis program and the opportunities it presents for Australia, an update on the Australian Space Agency's roadmaps as our speakers discuss the development of this sector in Australia, and so much more.
Space and the hypersonic technologies arms race
Stage 1, Session 8 at 10:20am - 10:50am
A technological arms race has developed between the US, the UK, Australia, China and Russia, for hypersonic missiles and “launch vehicles”.
In this session, discover hypersonics and the intersection of aviation, defence and space as we unpack the latest developments in hypersonic “space planes”, weapons, materials and technologies. Discover the threats and opportunities around national security, research and space exploration that hypersonics present.
Gain insights into:
- International partnership and supply chain opportunities for hypersonics
- The zero emissions space plane and what it means for the space industry
- Hypersonic weapons and the growing need for capabilities in tracking and defending against them in low and medium-Earth orbit
- Australia’s positioning, strengths, weaknesses and opportunities for research and development, primes, and small and medium-sized enterprises in the hypersonics race
As China edges closer to mastering missiles that cannot be tracked or intercepted, learn how Australia is leading the fight back to master the technology.
General Manager Guided Systems
Thales Australia & New Zealand
Cyber space: Why securing space assets is now critical
Stage 2, Session 2 at 10:50am - 11:20am
National cybersecurity and space operations are inextricably linked, with Space systems now at the forefront of driving critical infrastructure.
As cloud-based satellites take to the skies, the risk of malicious cyber attacks threatening society is at an all-time high, with significant consequences for civil and military users.
In this session, we ask;
- How big is the threat?
- What can we do to protect ourselves?
- Is the industry taking this problem seriously enough?
Gain insights into changes to the Commonwealth’s Security of Critical Infrastructure Act 2018 (SOCI Act) and what it means for space supply chains as we discuss key considerations for mitigating risk in supply chains, ground segments, space segments, and link segments.
Director Cyber Intelligence and Public Policy
Vice President of the Digital Systems business
To learn more about the event, expert speakers, and the agenda and to secure your ticket, visit the link below!
We hope to see you there.