Thales Tech Challenge - and the winners are...
From 2000 students who registered on the platform from 200 universities in nine different countries, 380 teams were formed, with 105 nationalities represented, being assisted by 60 Thales mentors.
These teams were whittled down to the nine country winners. Each winning team submitted a deliverable, a 3 min video of their prototype, which was subsequently judged by a global panel at the beginning of July.
The Global jury have deliberated and voted for their favourite projects, based on the following criteria:
- Importance & Priority
- Quality & completeness of the deliverables
The winning teams
The Global Winner, as selected by our Global Jury:
- The_Thinkers_Club from Germany with their smart traffic management system to ease traffic congestion on roadways, making fuel consumption more efficient, reducing pollution levels and fighting climate change.
Silver Award, runners up, as selected by our Global Jury:
- 3psilon from Romania for their project involving charging stations that are independent of the electrical network. Solar Mirror Satellites are placed in geostationary orbit to send focused light to solar charging stations to provide energy for electric cars on highways and big cities.
Diversity & Inclusion Award, as selected by our Sponsors Girls on the Move:
- The Innovators from Canada for their project using image processing to detect threats in public transport, reducing the length of time it takes for the authorities to arrive on site.
People’s Choice Award, as selected by a public vote:
- 2 times winner - The_Thinkers_Club from Germany!