Enkom Active Oy is a distributor of telecommunication systems and fibre optics and its biggest product line is Thales IoT Modules.
For more than a decade, the company has relied on Gemalto solutions to enable solutions for its growing customer base in industrial IoT, logistics and automotive sectors.
In this video, Antero Markkula, Sales Manager for Enkom Active, explains how Gemalto innovations such as NB-IoT modules are enabling applications in totally new sectors making IoT security technology paramount.
Antero recommends that customers secure devices starting at the very beginning of development.
He relies on Gemalto, now part of Thales, for schematic design review that identifies potential problems in IoT development as well as to provide recommendations for solutions and services to mitigate risk and protect IoT investments.
There are a lot of people who try to access your devices and disturb them in various ways and that is why Gemalto has a high level of security available for devices. For instance, HTTP communications which is secure so that not everybody can read the data, and they also offer other ways to secure the programs so that nobody can copy the program or download their own software to existing Gemalto devices. This is one of the most important things today, that customers understand that they have to make their systems secure from the very beginning. Antero Markkula, Sales Manager
More inspiring IoT examples
- Electrifying Africa: SolarKiosk
- MedMinder makes Medication Smarter with IoT Connected Pill Box
- Exeter to reach carbon neutrality by 2030
- Bonaverde Berlin disrupts the coffee ecosystem (with IoT)
- OnKöl mHealth Device (IoT at work)
- Mobike demonstrates the power of IoT
- Svep Design Center and the IoT (Interview)
- Cargo Tracck Protects Rainforest Trees
- Globalmatix to connect the unconnected
- iLOC watch enhances safety for loved ones
- ERTICO enables eCall across Europe
- Aware 360 and Thales in IoT
- Vignet and the mHealth Challenge
- Tauron and Smarter Energy (IoT connectivity)