Countries, cities and transport operators rely on Thales’ ground transportation solutions to adapt to rapid urbanisation and meet new mobility demands – locally, between cities and across national frontiers.
Our expertise in signalling, communications, fare collection and cybersecurity gives people and goods the connected journey they need to move safely and efficiently.
And no matter how challenging the project, we stay by your side, committed to helping you creating the digital railways of the future.
With Thales, increase your network capacity, optimise punctuality and attract passengers with better door-to-door journeys. We specialise exclusively on IT-based critical solutions that harness our Group’s experience in satellite and aviation as well as cyber-security.
Intermodality is one of the keys to smooth public transport and improved passenger service. In mastering integrated multi-modal mobility as well as core digital technologies, Thales is uniquely positioned to define comprehensive Smart Mobility solutions.
• Brescia is a city in the region of Lombardy in Northern Italy. With a population of more than 200,000, it is the second largest city in the region and the fourth of northwest Italy. The city is the administrative capital of the Province of Brescia, one of the largest in Italy, with over 1,200,000 inhabitants.
• The Brescia Metro covers 17 stations plus 1 depot, 14 kilometers of route, with a fleet of 18 trains and serves the urban area by connecting the capital from north to south for more than 50,000 daily passengers.
• This new contract includes train to ground communication, video surveillance and security systems.
• The level of passenger safety will be improved thanks to the new broadband data connection system along the metro route and the "real-time" transmission of images from CCTV cameras.
A new solution that is permanently upgradable, helping operators reduce maintenance costs. SelTrac™ Generation 8 (G8) is the latest evolution of Thales’ world-leading Communications Based Train Control (CBTC) solution for urban, metro and light rail networks.
• Faster technology insertion to expand rail system lifespan is essential in dense urban areas. Thales new digital age Metro signaling system offers seamless upgrade capabilities and is “autonomy ready”.
• Thales is developing an eco-responsible Artificial Intelligence (AI) based systems to help operators monitor social distancing and reduce density of passengers in stations and on-board trains.
• In Europe, operators spend between 15 and 25 billion euros each year on maintenance and renewal. Thanks to predictive maintenance, the rail market should potentially save of up to 30% of these maintenance costs.
• Thales digital solutions contribute to green mobility by reducing by up to 15% CO2 emissions from metro and stations.