• With health restrictions and regulations in place around the world, high-tech solutions from Thales (Artificial Intelligence, biometrics, etc.) offer airports, airlines and border officials opportunities to increase operational efficiency, protect pa
All Articles in Government
• Thales and Inetum provide joint expertise to deliver greater security and convenience at the airports of Valencia and Bilbao, and before long at Fuerteventura. • Smart accesses improve the border control process with higher agility and security • New system facilitate
• In 2017 the European Union adopted a new directive for the deployment of a biometric entry and exit registration system (EES) for Member States in order to strengthen the security of the Schengen Area and modernize border crossings. • In less than one minute, third-co
Facial Recognition Pilot Project at Madrid Airport evolves into broader Contactless Passenger Experience
The AENA airports authority, Iberia, Inetum and Thales partner in this ambitious project, supported by Spain’s Industrial Technology Development Centre (CDTI). It uses biometric identification of passengers with tablet-type devices. Project aims to increase security
Thales showcases the world’s only double-sided ID card reader, the first to be able to examine ID cards or driving licenses in the cloud in less than four seconds.
Thales launches its Identity Verification Suite, a secure biometric solution for customer onboarding
• Thales’s Gemalto Identity Verification Suite (IDV) minimizes ID fraud risks by verifying document authenticity so that service providers can digitally check identities of new customers. • IDV is designed to onboard more users in a secure remote environment, offering a
• The Belgium Federal Public Service Foreign Affairs (BUZA) renewed its contract with the consortium including Zetes and Thales for the issuance of highly secure ePassports to Belgian citizens. • The new passport produced by Thales will be completely redesigned includin
The Texas Department of Public Safety has contracted Thales, to supply all driver license (DL) and identification (ID) cards — making it one of 11 states to do so with Thales. More than 7 million cards, complying with the national security standards of the REAL ID Act,
- The Ministry Of Foreign Affairs (MOFA) of Thailand awarded the DGM Consortium which includes Gemalto, a member of Thales Group, the contract to supply 15 million e-passports to its citizens over the next seven years. - This contract is one of the largest passport prog
Citizens can now enjoy effortless proof of identity, attributes and rights, by accessing their official documents on a single and highly secure platform on their smartphones, the Gemalto Digital ID Wallet.