International Railway Industry Standard certification endorses the overall quality of Thales' railway activities in Spain
- Thales in Spain has just obtained the International Railway Industry Standard (IRIS) certification, an international benchmark created in 2005 by the European Railway Industry Association (Unife) and conceived with the participation of representatives of the sector.
- This certification guarantees compliance with this demanding standard in design, manufacturing and maintenance activities.
31 January 2023 - The certification body LRQA has officially awarded IRIS accreditation to Thales España GRP, SAU as a certified company. The company has been working since 2021 on the project to implement the IRIS ISO-TS/22163 standard, and at the end of 2022 it successfully passed all the audits of the certifying body.
As a result, Thales has received the official certification that guarantees compliance with this demanding standard in our design, manufacturing and maintenance activities.
The successful implementation of IRIS certification is a benefit for all stakeholders in the railway industry, be they equipment manufacturers, system integrators, operators or business partners.
Awarded by LRQA, this international certification is global in scope and guarantees the quality and reliability of railway technological solutions, making it a benchmark for the railway sector.
IRIS is a key step forward in our commitment to the quality, reliability and safety of Thales Spain's railway solutions. This commitment is also endorsed by the certification of our Management System in other international standards over the years:
- ISO 9001. Quality Management System
- ISO14001. Environmental Management System
- ISO 45001. Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems
- ISO 27001. Information Security Management Systems
- ISO 20000. Service Management System
- UNE 166002. R&D&I (Research, Development and Innovation) Management System.
"This certification is a milestone for our activity in Spain and is another element of confidence in our products and services," said Fernando Ortega, General Manager of Transport at Thales Spain.
Ramiro Mejía, Global Account Manager at LRQA, said "The robustness of Thales Management Systems is a guarantee for an effective change management and adaptation of the organisation, so I would like to congratulate the whole team for this achievement".