Thales is a market leader in the fields of avionics and Air Traffic Management systems, outlining the Group’s capacity to provide a comprehensive end-to-end response to the challenges of air transport. The impressive and fast development of the national carriers in the UAE (Emirates, Etihad, etc…) have increased aerospace-related sales in the region, boosting demand for the Group’s aerospace-related solutions and products. The Group supplies In-Flight Entertainment (IFE) systems and connectivity solutions to Emirates.
- Since 2008, Thales is a proud supplier of the entire ATM and navigation systems for Abu Dhabi’s International Airport, in addition to its various air traffic radars previously implemented around the country.
- In 2016, Thales was selected to provide AVANT ultra-high definition 4K in-flight entertainment and global broadband connectivity for Emirates’ future Boeing 777X fleet. This contract marked a major milestone for Thales, who remains the exclusive IFE provider for Emirates’ upcoming 777X fleet.
- Supporting Emirates’ long-term ambitions, Thales has opened Discovery Dubai, an innovations center with local capabilities for application development, content integration and customer support. This new facility will enable Emirates teams to develop and shape passenger engagement initiatives and programs in the air and on the ground.
- Since 2017, Thales, has partnered with Emirates Aviation University, the education arm of the Emirates Group, to develop areas of cooperation in the aviation field.
- Thales is a proud a member of the Aviation X Lab, which aims to enhance the air travel experience, innovate and create the next era of aviation through a sustained programme of funding and collaboration. Launched in 2019, this aviation-specific incubator brings together five global aviation giants under one umbrella based in Area 2071 at the Emirates Towers.