Digital Identity and Security
From payment to enterprise security and the internet of things, our technologies and services authenticate people, transactions and objects, encrypt data and create value for software – enabling businesses and governments to deliver secure digital services for billions of individuals and things. As the world becomes more connected, Thales makes it more secure.
Thales has a strong presence in India serving the needs of the country from payment to enterprise security and the internet of things (IoT) – enabling businesses and governments to deliver secure digital services for billions of individuals and things. On 02 April 2019, Thales completed the acquisition of Gemalto, creating a global leader in digital identity and security. Our engineering competence centre in Delhi-NCR is based in two locations - Noida, which is focused on the Digital Identity and Security business, and Gurugram, which is an extension of this line of business with a specialization in managing real-time big data analytics.
Some of our references include:
- Data protection solutions including encryption solution, encryption key management and HSM for insurance sector, financial sector, oil sector, telcos and UIDAI
- Biometric products for UIDAI Aadhaar Enrollment and Authentication across India to various banking and government agencies.
- Secure smartcard based driving license and e-vehicle registration cards for different state projects and healthcare projects
- Passport readers for government and commercial applications.
- Banking payment cards and digital banking solutions to several banks in India, e.g. RuPay and RuPay Dual Interface certified payment card products. Thales is also the first in India to get certified for Visa NCMC (National Common Mobility Card)
- Working primarily with mobile network operators (MNO) since the inception of telecom services in India and supplied more than 800 Million SIM cards.
- Consulting and supported the MNOs during their technology transition from 2G to 3G to 4G and now for the upcoming 5G. Airtel, BSNL, Reliance Jio and Vodafone IDEA have launched their 4G services in INDIA with the LTE SIM provided by Thales.
- Working with OEMs and IoT service providers to provide embedded SIM (eSIM), embedded secure element (eSE) & Machine identity module (MIM) product offering & On Demand Connectivity / Subscription management solution.
- Always-on connectivity for Internet Of Things (IoT) with “Cinterion Wireless Modules’’ & “Cinterion MIMs” using cellular technology spread across 2G/3G/4G M2M modules for over two decades for various applications like Automated Meter Reading, Fleet Management (Track and Trace), Remote Maintenance & Control, Point of Sale, mHealth, Industrial automation, Home automation and Agriculture.
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) based analytics solution for Reliance Jio, the world’s largest mobile data network operator to provide them real-time customer experience analytics, predictive analytics to automate network troubleshooting, and key marketing insight