Rachel Coldicutt, responsible at tech think tank Doteveryone discusses the state of trust in today's digital world and how businesses need to rebuild consumer confidence .
Tech firms are facing more criticism than ever.
Is this fair?
The erosion of trust in technology
Rachel Coldicutt explains the erosion of trust in technology and how businesses can win it back.
With GDPR alerting everyone to the issues of data protection and privacy, Coldicutt consider whether businesses that aren't serious about GDPR could lose customers.
She also discusses why a healthy bit of skepticism about sharing data might be a good thing.
- Most organizations not confident in their ability to protect data after a breach
- For fear of data breaches, 95% of IT departments face obstacles to increased user mobility in their organization (survey)
- 90% of enterprise IT professionals are concerned that employee reuse of personal credentials for work purposes could compromise security (survey)
- World's biggest data breaches
- Voice assistants and security
- Securing the smart grid
- 48% of businesses cannot detect IoT breaches.
- Biometric data and EU and US personal data protection framework