You are here
All Articles in Civil Aerospace
Thales announces that Gulf Air, the national carrier of the Kingdom of Bahrain, chose Thales’ Ka-band connectivity solution for their B787-9 and A321Neo-E (LR) aircraft. The airline is renowned for its traditional hospitality and its commitment to being an industry leader by developing products and services that reflect the evolving needs and aspirations of their passengers for a modern travel experience.
JetBlue celebrates the entry into service of its restyled A320 aircraft featuring Thales AVANT TV IFE
JetBlue Airways and Thales celebrate the entry into service of the airlines newly restyled A320 aircraft that will fly with Thales’s state-of-the-art AVANT inflight entertainment system (IFE).
Paving the way for future drone traffic increase, SESAR Joint Undertaking (SESAR JU) is supporting the European Commission U-space initiative by researching and developing new services for safe, efficient and secure access to airspace of a large number of drones. The Geosafe project is part of the founding services for the development of drones operation. Engaged in the creation of solutions that will make tomorrow’s mobility possible, Thales will manage the project, supported by the competences of Aeromapper, AirMap, Atechsys, Airmarine and SPH Engineering.
Caverton Helicopters selects Thales to supply Reality H full-flight simulator for AW139 pilot training at its facility in Lagos, Nigeria
• The Thales Reality H full-flight simulator (FFS) will contribute to improving the overall safety of helicopter flights in the Nigerian and regional aviation sector.
• It will be installed within the brand new Caverton Flight Training Academy, built at Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Lagos, Nigeria. This Training Centre will be next door to the future Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul facility, currently under development by Caverton.
• This will be the first helicopter FFS EASA Level D to be installed in Africa.
Singapore Airlines celebrates the delivery of their A350-900 medium-haul aircraft with Thales AVANT IFE and Connectivity
• In October 2015, Singapore Airlines selected Thales to equip their new A350-900 medium-haul aircraft with AVANT IFE and connectivity solutions; with the subsequent selection of Thales’s FlytCARE maintenance services.
• Thales’s AVANT IFE system provides passengers with a highly personalized inflight entertainment experience with a robust selection of features and applications.
• This new fleet will also fly with GX connectivity solution offering seamless, high-speed broadband internet to their passengers.
China Southern and Thales extend their partnership with the selection of AVANT IFE onboard their B777 fleet
China Southern Airlines has relied on Thales leading IFE systems for their B777 fleet since 2012 and became the launch customer of AVANT IFE.
On the opening day of the HeliExpo 2017 exhibition, Thales has unveiled the newest connected functionalities equipped on its Avionics 2020 for helicopters, designed to display open world information alongside information coming from the secured avionics, in an integrated manner.
On the opening day of the Heliexpo 2017 exhibition, Thales has unveiled the first ever eyes out solution for civil helicopters.
On the opening day of the Heliexpo 2017 exhibition, Thales has unveiled the smallest lightest autopilot in the market.
Thales has received an order from the U.S. Air Force (USAF) to provide three Deployable – Instrument Landing Systems (D-ILS).