You are here
All Articles in Group
• Euronext's Index Steering Committee, which meets four times a year to validate the list of 40 stocks making up the CAC40, has decided today to include Thales in the benchmark French stock market index.
• Thales will be included in the CAC40 from June 21st 2019 after market closing.
• The inclusion of Thales in the CAC40 reflects the substantial increase in the company's market capitalisation, which stood at €21.7 bn at 31 December 2018 compared with €9.6 bn at 31 December 2013 (an increase of 126% in five years). This increase was driven by improved earnings: EBIT increased by 67% over the same period, from €1.0 bn in 2013 to €1.7 bn in 2018, and is expected to reach close to €2 bn in 2019.
• Euronext's decision is an endorsement of unflagging efforts by the company's staff to continuously improve operational performance while innovating on a permanent basis.
• Solid order intake: €2.3 billion, up 4% excluding impact of OneSKY jumbo order in Australia, worth €855m (down 25% on a reported basis)
• Sales: €3.4 billion, down 2.0% on an organic basis (down 1.5% on a reported basis)
• All financial objectives confirmed
Patrice Caine, Chairman & Chief Executive Officer, stated: “Thanks to the commitment of its 66,000 employees, 2018 has been an excellent year for Thales.
Thales and Gemalto are granted regulatory clearances by the Australian and Mexican competition authorities
Thales and Gemalto announce today that they have received merger control Regulatory Clearances from both the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission and the Mexican competition authority (Comisión Federal de Competencia Económica), following Thales’s commitment to divest its general purpose hardware security modules (GP HSM) business globally to a suitable purchaser. This clearance is effective immediately.
2019 New Year's Greetings from Chairman & CEO, Patrice Caine and 2018 Decisive Moments
Thales and Gemalto announce today that they have received merger control Regulatory Clearance from the Commerce Commission in New Zealand, following Thales’s commitment to divest its general purpose hardware security modules (GP HSM) business globally to a suitable purchaser.
Reference is made to the joint press release by Thales (Euronext Paris: HO) and Gemalto (Euronext Amsterdam and Paris: GTO) dated 27 March 2018 in relation to the launch of the recommended all-cash offer by Thales for all the issued and outstanding shares of Gemalto (the “Offer”), the publication of the Offer Document, and the joint press release of Thales and Gemalto dated 10 August 2018 in relation to the further extension of the Acceptance Period. Terms not defined in this press release will have the meaning as set forth in the Offer Document.