DEFENSE & SECURITY
Welcome to Thales @ Defense & Security 2019
“Thales has been a constant partner with Thailand for the last 50 years, when we first introduced defence solutions to the Thai Armed Forces. Since then, we’ve grown from strength to strength, developing indigenous capabilities that support the needs of our Thai customers. We are particularly proud to be celebrating 50 years of partnership with the Royal Thai Navy this year.
We opened our first representative office in Bangkok in 2005, and today, we employ more than 100 people in Thailand, working in multiple programmes across both civil and defence sectors.
Today, Thales is present in many aspects of the average Thai citizen’s life – from signalling solutions on railways, to air traffic management in Thai airspace, and most recently, our announcement of providing the next generation of e-passports over the next seven years.
At Defense & Security, we are pleased to showcase technologies in air defense, radars, naval systems, vehicle solutions and tactical communications. As a committed partner in supporting the ambitions of our Thai customers, we look forward to continuing the conversation with you and being part of your
My team and I welcome you on our stand (P-09) and look forward to hosting you at Defense & Security 2019.
Thales in Thailand and Myanmar
Thales has been cooperating with Thailand for over 50 years, opening its first representative office in Bangkok in 2005. Today, Thales employs more than 100 people in Thailand and has numerous programs and achievements to its name in both the civil and defence sectors.
The Group is a long-term strategic supplier of defence systems for the Royal Thai Armed Forces. It is also a strong partner of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Ministry of Transports. Thales’ presence in Thailand pivots on the long term strategy of building strong relationships with local industrial partners.
In the Defense sector, Thales is embracing the Thailand 4.0 strategy by enhancing cooperation and Technology Transfer with local industry under the supervision and approval of the Defence Technology Institute (DTI).
Business references in Thailand
- Thales supplies multiple sensors, combat management and communication systems to the Royal Thai Navy.
- 80% of the Royal Thai Navy fleet are equipped with Thales solutions making it the third largest Thales fleet globally.
- In 2019, Thales cemented its position as leading supplier to the Royal Thai Navy by successfully delivering two major contracts for Above-water and underwater systems.
- Thales is referenced with the Royal Thai Army by having supplied the StarStreak air defense system.
- Thales is supporting air navigation and aircraft upgrades for the Royal Thai Air Force.
- Thales is actively engaged in Transfer of Technology projects under the supervision of the Defence Technology Institute (DTI).
- Signaling, Fare allocation
- Air traffic management
- Digital Identity & Security
Thales on other stands at D&S Exhibition
MOD stand: C5I syst. on DTI BTR 3CS Vehicle
UK Pavilion : Lightweight multirole missile (LMM)
RV Connex stand: Free Fall LMM