In 2015, the pharma giant in question, faced with the growing complexity of managing, maintaining and ensuring the security of its information system – which comprised eight separate ERP modules running in SAP – asked Thales to rationalise and optimise its system, in order to cut costs and ensure a return to a level of service quality in keeping with the critical natural of its activities.
Thales’s solution comprised the following:
Implementation of a dedicated cloud with converged architecture;
- Migration of the eight ERP modules to a single ERP suite, SAP S/4HANA;
- Application of Agile methodology to production releases, taking account of all project evolutions;
- Guaranteed Restoration Time (GRT) of two hours, thanks to continuous (24/7) operation;
- Support for transformation of specialisms.
Project benefits include:
- Simplified processes and flows;
- Guaranteed data consistency, in particular a consolidated order book;
- Increased system agility and scalability;
- Reduced IT production costs;
- Updating of SAP S/4HANA to integrate regulatory changes as standard, and in particular to implement the IFRS15 standard.
- Improved quality of service for users.