France’s National Institute of Geographic and Forest Information (IGN) commissioned Thales to migrate its geoportal application to the Agriculture Ministry’s OSHIMAE cloud, developed on an OpenStack platform. The application attracts up to 88 million enquiries per day, and 3.5 million visitors per month.
- Operation on the French Government’s private cloud;
- Improve service quality and availability;
- Increase flexibility and adaptability.
- Migration of applications to the OSHIMAE OpenStack cloud;
- DevSecOps transformation, with containerised micro-services;
- Automatic production releases without production shutdowns;
- Automatic adjustment and repair of resources (autoscaling and auto repair);
- 24/7 operations, with 99.98% availability guarantee.
Faster development and release for production;
Reduction in total ownership cost (TCO) of applications;
20% cut in production costs.